Subject: [p2prg] [CFP][P2PNVE 2009][Deadline Extension: August 15, 2009] The 3rd International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networked Virtual Environments

From: p2pnve <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 19:53:20 +0800

Dear Colleagues,

Please be advised that the paper submission deadline of the 3rd
International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networked Virtual Environments
(P2PNVE'09) is extended to August 15, 2009. P2PNVE’09 will be held in
conjunction with the 15th International Conference on Parallel and
Distributed Systems (ICPADS’09) on December 9 -11, 2009. Please submit your
paper now via http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2009/submission. Attached
is the CFP, where you can find useful information about the paper
submission.

Please also be advised that the topics of interest include not only specific
topics related to peer-to-peer networked virtual environments but also
general topics of peer-to-peer networking.

We are looking forward to receiving your paper submissions.

Best regards,

Jehn-Ruey Jiang

General Chair

P2PNVE 2009

================ CALL FOR PAPERS =================

P2PNVE 2009
The 3rd International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networked Virtual
Environments
in conjunction with
The 15th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems
(ICPADS 2009)
December 9 -11, 2009
Shenzhen, China
http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2009

=================================================
About P2PNVE 2009
The rapid growth and popularity of networked virtual environments(NVEs) such
as Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOGs) in recent years have spawned a
series of research interests in constructing large-scale virtual
environments. For increasing scalability and decreasing the cost of
management and deployment, more and more studies propose using peer-to-peer
(P2P) architectures to construct large-scale NVEs for games, multimedia
virtual worlds and other applications. The goal of such research is to
support an Earth-scale virtual environment or to make hosting virtual worlds
more affordable than existing client-server approaches. However, existing
solutions for consistency control, persistent data storage, multimedia data
dissemination, cheat-prevention, topology mismatching, and virtual world
interoperability are not straightforwardly adapted to such new environments.
Novel ideas and designs thus are needed to realize the potential of
P2P-based NVEs.

The 1st and the 2nd International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networked Virtual
Environments were in conjunction with the 13th and 14th International
Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems in 2007 and 2008,
respectively. To adhere to the theme of P2PNVE workshops, the theme of
P2PNVE 2009 is to solicit original and previously unpublished new ideas on
general P2P schemes and on the design and realization of P2P-based NVEs. The
workshop aims to facilitate discussions and idea exchanges by both academics
and practitioners.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

-P2P systems and infrastructures
-Applications of P2P systems
-Performance evaluation of P2P systems
-Trust and security issues in P2P systems
-Network support for P2P systems
-Fault tolerance in P2P systems
-Efficient P2P resource lookup and sharing
-Distributed Hash Tables (DHTs) and related issues
-Solutions to topology mismatching for P2P overlays
-P2P overlays for NVEs
-P2P NVE multicast
-P2P NVE interoperability
-P2P NVE content distribution
-P2P NVE 3D streaming
-P2P NVE voice communications
-P2P NVE architecture designs
-P2P NVE prototypes
-P2P NVE consistency control
-Persistent storage for P2P NVEs
-Security and cheat-prevention mechanisms for P2P games
-P2P control for mobile NVEs
-P2P NVE applications on mobile devices

Important Dates
Submission:                     August 15, 2009 (Extended)
Notification:               September 20, 2009
Camera ready:           October 1, 2009

Paper Submission
Authors are invited to submit an electronic version of original, unpublished
manuscripts, not to exceed 8 double-columned, single-spaced pages, to web
site http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2009/submission. Submitted papers
should be in be in PDF format in accordance with IEEE Computer Society
guidelines (Word or Latex). All submitted papers will be refereed by
reviewers in terms of originality, contribution, correctness, and
presentation.

Organizing Committees

Steering Chair:

Shing-Tsaan Huang, National Central University, Taiwan

General Chair:

Jehn-Ruey Jiang, National Central University, Taiwan

International Program Committee Members

(Listed in alphabet order):

Maha Abdallah, University of Paris VI, France

Sonja Buchegger, University of California, Berkeley, USA

Bing-Yu Chen, National Taiwan University, Taiwan

Jui-Fa Chen, TamKang University, Taiwan

Li-Der Chou, National Central University, Taiwan

Zoran Despotovic, NTT DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Germany

Gwendal SIMON, GET / ENST-Bretagne, France

David Hales, University of Bologna, Italy

Aaron Harwood, University of Melbourne, Australia

Pilar Herrero, Madrid University of Technology, Spain

Jiung-yao Huang, National Taipei University, Taiwan

Minoru Ito, Institute of Science and Technology, Japan

Sam Joseph, University of Hawaii, Manoa, USA

Yoshihiro Kawahara, University of Tokyo, Japan

Chung-Ta King, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan

Nicolas Liebau, Technical University Darmstadt, Germany

Chuan-Ming Liu, National Taipei University of Technology, Taiwan

Gianluca Moro, University of Bologna, Italy

Wei Tsang Ooi, National Singapore University, Singapore

Juan Orduna, University of Valencia, Spain

Kai-Uwe Sattler, Tech. University of Ilmenau, Germany

Gregor Schiele, Mannheim University, Germany

Peter Sturm, Trier University, Germany

Sandeep Singhal, Microsoft Corporation, USA

Wernhuar Tarng, Nat’l Hsinchu University of Education, Taiwan

Pedro Morillo Tena, University of Valencia, Spain

Orazio Tomarchio, University of Catania, Italy

Li-Ming Tseng, National Central University, Taiwan

Shinichi Ueshima, Kansai University, Japan

Spyros Voulgaris, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

Wei-Jen Wang, National Central University, Taiwan

Michael Welzl, University of Innsbruck, Austria

Wai Gen Yee, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA

Suiping Zhou, NanYang Tech. University, Singapore