Subject: [p2prg] [ACM/SIGMOBILE MobiOpp 2010]: Announcement and Call for Papers

From: Emilio Ancillotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:10:14 +0200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                ANNOUNCEMENT and CALL FOR PAPERS

                        The Second ACM International Workshop on Mobile 
Opportunistic Networking
MobiOpp  2010

February  22-23, 2010,  Pisa, Italy           
        http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mobiopp2010

                          sponsored by ACM/SIGMOBILE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opportunistic Networking is one of the emerging communication paradigms 
in wireless mobile communications. Opportunistic networks are commonly 
defined as a type of challenged networks where communication 
opportunities are based on sporadic and intermittent contacts, 
disconnections and re-connections may frequently occur, and the 
assumption on the existence of an end-to-end path between the source and 
the destination is released. As compared to the legacy MANETs, where an 
always-connected infrastructure-less network is assumed, opportunistic 
networks are much closer to real pervasive networking scenarios, where 
devices (with sensing capabilities) are carried while users move, and 
can connect and disconnect continuously relying their communication 
chances on a store-carry-and-forward approach. The aim of MobiOpp 2010 
is to bring together researchers working in this emerging area, thus 
also providing a reference event for those working on self-organizing 
wireless mobile networks which usually exploit the opportunistic 
communication paradigm. In this workshop we aim to explore novel 
research issues related to all aspects of opportunistic networks.

Original contributions are solicited, being related to systems and 
protocols design, development and analysis, in all areas of 
Opportunistic Networking. Topics of interest include, but are not 
limited to:

    * Novel architectures
    * Routing protocols
    * Transport and reliability issues in opportunistic networks
    * Resource management techniques
    * Dissemination and replication techniques
    * Opportunistic networking in P2P systems
    * Social-aware opportunisitc networking
    * Middleware services in opportunistic networks
    * Opportunistic networking applications
    * Opportunistic networking in wireless sensor networks
    * Multimodal urban sensing
    * Security issues in opportunistic networks
    * Trust and cooperation in opportunistic networks
    * Mobility models for opportunistic networks
    * Tools and techniques for designing, analyzing and building 
opportunistic networks
    * Opportunistic networks testbeds and measurements
    * Opportunistic networks performance modeling
The workshop proceedings will be published by ACM. Extended versions of 
workshop selected papers will be considered for possible fast track 
publication in the Computer Communications Journal (Elsevier)

Important dates
--------------------

    Papers submission deadline:  November 1, 2009  

    Acceptance Notification: December 22, 2009

    Camera Ready deadline: January 22, 2010

    Workshop dates: February 22-23, 2010

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Chair

    Sergio Palazzo, University of Catania, Italy

Program Co-Chairs

    Tracy Camp, Colorado School of Mines, USA

    Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy

Steering Committee

    Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy

    Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge, UK

    Serge Fdida, Univ. Pierre et Marie Curie, France

    Mario Gerla, UCLA, USA

    Sergio Palazzo, University of Catania, Italy

    Mani Srivastava, UCLA, USA

-- 
============================================================
Ing. Emilio Ancillotti, PhD
   Pervasive Computing & Networking Lab. (PerLab)
   Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
   National Research Council (CNR)
      Via G. Moruzzi, 1    ||    voice:    +39 050 315 2437
      56124 Pisa, Italy    ||    fax:    +39 050 315 2113
                           ||    mobile:    +39 328 2963760
============================================================