Subject: [p2prg] CFP: IEEE CCNC'2010 Special Session on Social Networking (extended deadline: August 22)

From: Ruichuan Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 01:05:56 +0800

[Sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.]

IEEE CCNC'2010 Special Session on Social Networking

January 9-12, 2010    Las Vegas, USA
http://www.ieee-ccnc.org/2010/ or http://sites.google.com/site/socnets2010/

Important Dates

-- Submission Deadline: August 15, 2009 (extended until August 22, 2009)
-- Acceptance Notification: September 10, 2009

Social Networks (SocNets) have attracted billions of active users and this
critical mass of users are increasing exponentially. Internet social network
applications such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc. are providing valuable
social information on contacts and their relationships. Wireless and mobile
devices which are capable of creating, storing, processing, forwarding and
sharing content are socially connected in a new radical networking and
adaptive architecture harnessing the social behavior and mobility of the
users. Thus, SocNets enable the pervasive connectivity without the need to
maintain fully connected always-on networks.

Such SocNets communities trigger exciting research interests in
collaborative systems arising from the analysis of the structure and
properties of SocNets. The use of private social information provides
additional avenues for new networking operations --- for example, problems
that allow the exploitation of SocNets to solve network and system security
vulnerabilities, and how these new social network solutions can shape the
design of secured distributed systems and networks; development of
cross-layered architecture for diverse pervasive applications to distribute
user-generated content based on social relationships and behaviors; etc. It
also requires the cross-disciplinary research integration of computer
science and engineering, biology, physics, anthropology, social sciences,
etc.

The goal of this special session is to catalyze cross-disciplinary research
discussions that are of relevance to new and novel computer networking
ideas, applications and experimental results in the area of SocNets. We
solicit papers covering various topics of interest that include (but are not
limited to) the following:

-- Implications of social networking on future network architecture
-- System design for social networks
-- New social science of networks
-- Physical and virtual social networks
-- Social-based mobility
-- Mobile and pervasive social networks
-- Social community-based communication
-- Real world applications of social network analysis and theory
-- New social-inspired content creation and distribution networks
-- New aspects of trust, privacy and security systems in social networking
-- Data confidentiality and integrity in social networks

Submission Instructions

Authors are invited to submit regular technical papers or position papers.
The position papers should present novel technologies at an early stage of
development or share future vision. All submissions should describe
original, previously unpublished research, not currently under review by
another conference or journal. Manuscripts should not exceed five (5) pages
in double-column IEEE format. Please submit the paper through EDAS.
Formatting details can be found under Submission Guidelines on the CCNC
website.

Best regards,

Session Co-chairs
Ruichuan Chen, Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, Germany
Eng Keong Lua, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Zhong Chen, Peking University, China