Subject: [p2prg] PerHealth2010 EXTENDED DEADLINE October 25, 2009

From: " Eleonora Borgia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:30:05 +0200

Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                               CALL FOR PAPERS

PerHealth 2010 - The First IEEE PerCom Workshop on Pervasive Healthcare
                   (http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/perhealth2010/)

******************  EXTENDED DEADLINE: October 25, 2009  ****************
*********** Firm deadline, no further extensions to be granted **********

                           in conjunction with the
       Eighth IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and
            Communications - PerCom 2010 (http//www.percom.org/)

                              Mannheim, Germany
                              March 29th, 2010
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                Sponsored by

                        IEEE, IEEE Computer Society

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
			
Pervasive Healthcare constitutes one of the most promising and technically
challenging application domains for pervasive computing. It involves many
research areas, from wearable computing and ubiquitous connectivity to
context-awareness, sensor data fusion, artificial intelligence, expert
systems, medical analytics, databases and user-friendly interfaces. While
significant technological progress has been achieved in the past few years,
further work is needed to develop complete systems that can really improve
the patient quality of life and reduce medical errors and costs. First of
all, an efficient, reliable, and complete pervasive healthcare system must
satisfy both medical and patient requirements in terms of accuracy,
reliability, unobtrusiveness and user acceptance. To do this, a
multidisciplinary approach is necessary starting from the integration of  
new
wearable technologies in a single Body Area Network to the design and
development of system architectures and middleware solutions able to  
support
efficient and dependable services like continuous remote monitoring,  
patient
tracking, and ambient assistance. The IEEE PerHealth workshop will provide  
a
forum where researchers in the area of Pervasive Healthcare can discuss
current results in the field and possible hints for future work. Original
contributions are solicited related to all areas involved in the design of
pervasive healthcare systems.

TOPICS

Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Wearable and Implantable sensors for healthcare
- Pervasive communications in healthcare
- Service and device discovery
- Data fusion and context elaboration
- Privacy and security issues in healthcare
- Middleware for pervasive healthcare
- Energy Efficiency in health monitoring
- Artificial intelligence and expert systems
- User interface, usability and acceptability of pervasive healthcare
systems
- Home monitoring and ambient assisted applications for healthcare
- Healthcare applications for clinicians
- Business Models of Pervasive Health Delivery
- Standards and frameworks

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Papers should contain original material and not be previously published or
currently submitted elsewhere. Manuscripts must be limited to 6 pages
including text, figures, references and appendices, organized following the
IEEE 8.5x11 conference format, and formatted in accordance with the IEEE
Computer Society author guidelines. The link for the templates can be found
at: http://www2.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/formatting .

All submissions will be handled via EDAS. Accepted papers will be published
by the IEEE Computer Society Press in the PerCom 2010 Workshops Proceedings
and will appear on IEEE Xplore. At least
one author of each accepted paper must register and attend the workshop to
present the paper. There is no workshop-only registration.
An oral presentation at the workshop is strictly required. No-shows of
accepted papers at the workshop will result in those papers NOT being
included in the IEEE Digital Library.

Extended versions of selected papers with special merit will be considered
for a possible fast track publication on Pervasive and Mobile Computing
Journal (Elsevier).

IMPORTANT DATES

   Paper submission:    Oct. 25, 2009
   Author notification: Dec.  21, 2009
   Camera-ready due:    Jan.  29, 2010

For further information, please contact the workshop chairs at
[email-masked] or visit the workshop website
(http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/perhealth2010/).

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

GENERAL CO-CHAIRS:

    Franca Delmastro, National Research Council, Italy
    Archan Misra, Telcordia, USA

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE:

    Bert Anrich, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
    Silvio Bonfiglio, Philips, Italy
    Bor-rong Chen, Harvard University, USA
    Diane Cook, Washington State University, USA
    Dave Famolari, Telcordia Technologies
    Rune Fensli, University of Adger, Norway
    Otthein Herzog, University of Bremen, Germany
    David Isern, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
    Paul Lukowicz, University of Passau, Germany
    Iqbal Mohomed, Microsoft Research, USA
    Giovanni Pioggia, National Research Council, Italy
    Alessandro Puiatti, SUPSI, Switzerland
    Weisong Shi, Wayne State University, USA
    Daby Sow, IBM Watson, USA
    Upkar Varshney, Georgia State University USA
    David Walker, Philips, UK

PUBLICITY CHAIR:

        Eleonora Borgia, National Research Council, Italy