Subject: [p2prg] PerNEM 2010: few days left (deadline Oct. 20)

From: Simone Silvestri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:16:10 +0200

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Papers.

******************************************************************

                  PerNEM 2010 Call for Papers

The First Annual Workshop on Pervasive Networks for Emergency Management
            (In conjunction with IEEE PerCom 2010)

              http://san.ee.ic.ac.uk/pernem2010/

         Mannheim, Germany, March 29 - April 2, 2010

******************************************************************

        SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO: OCT 20, 2009

******************************************************************

Scope
-----

The events that took place on 11 September 2001 have brought to the
forefront the unique challenges that occur during a crisis, which require
effective sensing, communications and decision making with demanding time
constraints in highly dynamic environments. Pervasive systems address these
requirements by providing decision support to rescuers and evacuees,
guaranteeing communications and collecting information that is vital for
planning and organising the emergency operation. This workshop focuses on
pervasive networked sensing and decision making, both wired and wireless,
geared towards emergency management. PerNEM 2010 addresses leading edge
research in these areas through the use of sensing, communication, decision
support, simulation tools and modelling methods with focus on system design,
optimisation and experimental evaluation.

Topics
------

PerNEM  will  bring  together contributions  which include but are not
limited to the following areas:

    * Networked sensors for emergency management
    * Pervasive middleware for emergency management
    * Decentralised algorithms for pervasive systems
    * Self-aware and self- adaptive network design and evaluation
    * Network self-healing, security and self-defence
    * Wireless Networks for emergency support
    * Mobile sensors for disaster monitoring
    * Networked robotics for wireless communications
    * Pervasive emergency management systems
    * QoS in critical communications

Registration and Submission Details
-----------------------------------

Accepted papers will be included and indexed in the IEEE digital libraries
(Xplore), showing their affiliation with IEEE PerCom.

Submitted papers should be no longer than 6 pages in length, and formatted
to 2 columns, 10pt fonts, using the IEEE Computer Society 8.5" x 11" authors
kit.

Papers should be submitted via the EasyChair PerNEM 2010 page:
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pernem2010

Paper submission: October 20, 2009 (Extended)
Author notification: December 21, 2009
Camera-ready due: January 29, 2010

Organising Committee
--------------------

Erol Gelenbe
    Intelligent Systems & Networks Group, Imperial College London, UK
Georgia Sakellari
    Intelligent Systems & Networks Group, Imperial College London, UK
Avgoustinos Filippoupolitis
    Intelligent Systems & Networks Group, Imperial College London, UK

Programme Committee
-------------------

Christoforos Anagnostopoulos
    Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Imperial College London, UK
Gokce Gorbil
    Intelligent Systems & Networks Group, Imperial College London, UK
Alex Healing
    Centre for Information and Security Systems Research, British 
Telecom,UK
Laurence Hey
    Intelligent Systems & Networks Group, Imperial College London, UK
Eleni Karatza
    Department of Informatics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Georgios Loukas
    Intelligent Systems & Networks Group, Imperial College London, UK
Gulay Oke
    Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
Alex Rogers
    Intelligence, Agents, Multimedia Group, University of Southampton, UK
Simone Silvestri
    University of Rome "La Sapienza", Italy
Oliver Smith
    General Dynamics UK Ltd