Subject: [p2prg] Call for Extended Abstracts PhD Forum ACM/SIGMOBILE MobiOpp 2010

From: Emilio Ancillotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:03:46 +0100

*******************************************************************************
Our Sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call
 
     The Second International Workshop on Mobile Opportunistic Networking
          ACM/SIGMOBILE MobiOpp 2010, February 22-23, 2010, PISA ITALY
                      http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mobiopp2010/
                         *Call for Extended Abstracts*
                                  *PhD Forum*

The first PhD Forum on Opportunistic Networking will be hosted at Second
International Workshop on Mobile Opportunistic Networking (MobiOpp2010). 
Doctoral students working in areas related to opportunistic networking and
computing are solicited to submit an extended abstract comprising a 
summary of
their research findings, work in progress and planned research. The 
forum will
be a platform for PhD students to interact both with their peers as well as
experienced researchers from industry. The forum will be organized as a 
poster
session preceded by a '1-minute madness' introduction by each student.

Current Ph.D. students, as well as researchers who have completed their 
Ph.D.
dissertations since May 2009, are encouraged to submit extended 
abstracts. The
Ph.D. student should be the sole author, although contributions of the 
advisor
and others may be acknowledged in the extended abstract. Submissions will be
reviewed to ensure quality and relevance. Authors of accepted 
submissions are
expected to travel to MobiOpp 2010 to present their poster at the PhD Forum.
The best presentation at the Forum, will receive an award sponsored by 
Elsevier
Publications and there is likely to be travel assistance for some students.
Accepted extended abstracts will appear in conference proceedings.
*
Extended Abstract Submission*: Ph.D. students are invited to submit two-page
extended abstracts that describe current research and potential 
contributions
to theory and innovation in pervasive computing and communications. 
Submissions
must be received by no later than December 7, 2009. Extended abstracts 
should
include the author's name, affiliation, and email address. Submissions 
must be
PDF files and be written in English. Submissions should adhere to the ACM
format and be no more than two pages in length (all inclusive).
Papers must be submitted via email to [email-masked].

*Important Dates*
Extended abstract submission deadline: December 7, 2009
Notification of acceptance: January 10, 2010
Camera-ready paper due: January 22, 2010
MobiOpp: February 22-23, 2010

*PhD Forum Co-Chairs*
Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland
Mohan Kumar, The University of Texas at Arlington
*Corporate Sponsor    TBD*

-- 
============================================================
Ing. Emilio Ancillotti, PhD
   Pervasive Computing & Networking Lab. (PerLab)
   Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
   National Research Council (CNR)
      Via G. Moruzzi, 1    ||    voice:    +39 050 315 2437
      56124 Pisa, Italy    ||    fax:    +39 050 315 2113
                           ||    mobile:    +39 328 2963760
============================================================