Subject: [p2prg] IPTPS '10 submissions due December 18

From: "Michael J. Freedman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:50:47 -0500

Hi p2p researchers,

Arvind Krishnamurthy and I are co-chairing this year's IPTPS workshop.
IPTPS started in 2002 by the group of researchers who were behind most
of the popular DHTs (Chord, Pastry, CAN, Tapestry, Kademlia), and has
remained a strong workshop since.  I wanted to send out a more
personalized invitation to this mailing list to invite researchers and
hackers to submit papers.

Two things of note for this year's IPTPS:

   * We will be having a demo session at the workshop (those short
proposals due March 15, 2010).

   * The CFP is expanded to more broadly include self-organizing and
self-managing distributed systems.  Now that P2P algorithms and
techniques have been applied in datacenter and enterprise networks, we
want to hear about such experiences and systems as well.

IPTPS will be located in San Jose in April, so very convenient for all
those in the Bay Area.  Hope to see some of you there...and paper/demo
submissions before that!

Regards,
Mike Freedman

===========================

Dear Colleague:

On behalf of the 9th International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Systems
(IPTPS '10) program committee, we are inviting you to submit engaging
position papers on the current and future trends in peer-to-peer
systems.

Co-located with NSDI '10 in San Jose, CA, this one-day workshop provides
a venue in which to present and discuss peer-to-peer technologies,
applications, and systems and to identify key research issues and
challenges that lie ahead.

This year, the workshop's charter will be expanded to include topics
relating to self-organizing and self-managing distributed systems. This
is in response to recent trends where self-organizing techniques
proposed in early peer-to-peer systems have found their way into more
managed settings such as datacenters, enterprises, and ISPs to help deal
with growing scale, complexity, and heterogeneity. In the context of
this year's workshop, peer-to-peer systems are defined to be large-scale
distributed systems that are mostly decentralized, are self-organizing,
and might or might not include resources from multiple administrative
domains.

Papers will be selected based on originality, likelihood of spawning
insightful discussion, and technical merit. The program will include
presentations of position papers along with plenty of time for lively
discussion among the participants, as well as a demo session for working
systems.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

* Network and system support for peer-to-peer systems
* Self-organizing and self-managing distributed systems
* Adaptive algorithms and architectures for large-scale distributed systems
* New applications and protocols for peer-to-peer systems
* Availability, robustness, performance, and scaling
* Security, privacy, anonymity, anti-censorship, and incentives
* Lessons drawn from experience with deployed peer-to-peer systems
* Measurement, modeling, and workload characterization

Complete paper submissions are due Friday, December 18, 2009, 11:59
p.m. EST.

For more details on the submission process, please see the complete
Call for Papers at:
http://www.usenix.org/iptps10/cfpa/

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Michael J. Freedman, Princeton University
Arvind Krishnamurthy, University of Washington
IPTPS '10 Program Co-Chairs
[email-masked]

---------------------------------
Call for Papers
9th International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Systems
April 27, 2010
San Jose, CA
http://www.usenix.org/iptps10/cfpa/
Submissions Deadline: December 18, 2009, 11:59 p.m. EST
---------------------------------