Subject: [p2prg] I-D update: draft-asai-cross-domain-overlay-02

From: Hirochika Asai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:06:51 +0900

Dear p2prg folks,

Upon receiving valuable comments during the previous IETF at Prague, we have
updated our I-D about "Global Cost Mapping for AS-Level Application-Layer
Traffic Optimization" (the title has been changed in this version).
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-asai-cross-domain-overlay-02>

One of the comments was that one has got similar results to ours; a problem with
cross-domain policy conflicts like so-called hot-potato occurs without
cross-domain cooperation.

In this update, we suggest to deploy global cost map and implement hierarchical
architecture into the ALTO protocol and scheme.  Now this draft lacks of
specification of the protocol extension, so can you, p2prg folks, please make
comments on that ALTO extension part?  I hope that this will give good feedbacks
to the ALTO, although now it does not exactly fit the ALTO WG charter.
# Note that the ALTO WG charter contains the cross-domain traffic problem but it
# does not mention inter-domain routing policies.

Best regards,
Hirochika

-- 
Hirochika Asai <[email-masked]>, The University of Tokyo