Subject: [p2prg] [IEEE PerCom'12] NSF Sponsored Student Travel Grant

From: Chiara Boldrini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:23:56 +0100

===============================================================================
                     Call for Applications

 NSF Sponsored Student Travel Grant for IEEE PerCom 2012 Conference
===============================================================================

The Tenth Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and
Communications (IEEE PerCom 2012 - www.percom.org) is pleased to provide
(partial) travel grants for students to attend the conference and co-located
events (Workshops, Ph.D. Forum, Demo session) to be held in Lugano, Switzerland
on March 19-23, 2012. Funds for this travel support have been provided to
PerCom by the US National Science Foundation (NSF) - www.nsf.gov.

This funding is available only for full time students attending US colleges and
universities (not necessarily US citizens or permanent residents). Minority and
women students from diverse institutions are particularly encouraged to apply.
Although student authors will be given priority for travel awards, however,
this is not a requirement. Post-doctoral students may also be considered for
support on a case-by-case basis. To be eligible, US based students (henceforth
referred to as "you") must apply via EDAS no later than January 30, 2012. To
apply for this travel support, please do the following:

1.  Obtain a letter from your advisor/professor confirming that:

a.  You are currently a graduate (research) student in good standing,
   working in areas related to pervasive computing.
b.  You will be attending the entire PerCom conference (workshops, if
   appropriate).
c.  The remainder of your travel support will be covered (indicate how).

2.  Write a personal statement describing your research interests and how you
wish to benefit from attending PerCom 2012, student status, and location you
will be traveling from.

3.  Upload the above documents, along with your two-page CV, on EDAS
(http://edas.info) as part of the PerCom 2012 (U.S. NSF supported travel grant
for students).

Please note that the PerCom conference may not be able to reimburse you for all
of your travel expenses due to limited budget. Expenses that are eligible for
reimbursement include advance student registration, hotel, and travel (air,
car, or train). Expenses that are not eligible for reimbursement include
regular and/or on-site registration, meals, and local transportation (taxis,
shuttles, parking, etc.). Student travel grants are available in the form of
reimbursements that are sent only after the completion of the conference and
receipt of all required documentation and receipts. The reimbursement amount
will be based on the number of awards and distance traveled, and will be capped
at $1,200 per student. For any questions, please contact the IEEE PerCom 2012
Travel Award Chair, Sajal K. Das, at [email-masked].

Important Dates:

*   January  30, 2012:  Complete Application deadline (via EDAS)
*   February 10, 2012:  Award Decisions extended
*   March 19-23, 2012:  PerCom Conference/Workshops

====================================================
Chiara Boldrini - IEEE PerCom'12 Publicity Co-Chair

Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
Italian National Research Council (CNR)
Via G. Moruzzi, 1 - 56124 Pisa, Italy
homepage: http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/chiara/
====================================================