Subject: [p2prg] Social Network Systems 2012: deadline approaching

From: Davide Frey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:22:15 +0100

Apologies if you receive multiple copies. 

===================================================================

        Call For Papers 
 Social Network Systems 2012 
In conjunction with EuroSys 2012 
 Bern Switzerland, 10 April 2012

http://www.cambridgeplus.net/SNS12 

The 5th Workshop on Social Network Systems (SNS 2012) will gather
researchers to discuss novel ideas about computer systems and social
networks. Online social networks are among the most popular sites on
the Web and continue to grow rapidly. Online social networks provide
mechanisms for establishing online identities and creating
relationships. The resulting social graph provides a network for
maintaining social relationships and for locating content, with the
potential of changing computer systems and applications, for example,
by providing new means to publish and find content as well as new ways
to reason about trust. The workshop complements the topics of the main
EuroSys conference, since the research issues with online social
networks span the topics of distributed computing, databases, and
storage systems as well as security and privacy. This workshop will
focus on the systems issues of online social networks. Broadly, a
systems issue of social networks comprises three main areas:

1. Infrastructure support for social networks (including distributed
systems, databases, and storage systems).
2. Ways of leveraging social networks in systems design.
3. Measurement and analysis of existing deployed social networks.

Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:

• Management and querying of large social graphs.
• Graph query engines and query optimization for online processing.
• Support for consistency among concurrent readers and writers to a large 
distributed social graph.
• Partitioning large social graphs.
• Data storage and organization.
• Benchmarking, modeling, and workload characterization.
• Crawlers and other mechanisms for observing social network structure.
• Experiences with deployed systems.
• Leveraging social network properties in systems design.
• Issues of privacy and security.
• Tools for designing and deploying social networks.
• Application programming interfaces for social networks.
• System support for social analytics and network dynamics.
• Methods for integrating multiple networks.
• Performance measurement and analysis of online social networks systems.

Proceedings will be published in the ACM digital library.

SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS

Submissions may not exceed 6 pages double column, including everything
(i.e., figures, tables, references, appendices, etc.), and should use
a 10pt font (so specify \documentclass[10pt,twocolumn]{sigplanconf}).
Papers must be formatted according to the ACM SIGPLAN style, for which
templates are available for both LaTeX and Word (
http://eurosys2012.unibe.ch/submissions ). Please number pages. This
workshop is sponsored by ACM, ACM SigOps, and EuroSys.

IMPORTANT DATES (to be confirmed)

8 February 2012	Paper submission deadline
4 March 2012	Notification of acceptance
18 March 2012	Camera-ready submission deadline
10 April 2012	Workshop

ORGANIZERS

* Eiko Yoneki
University of Cambridge, UK 
Email: [email-masked]

* Davide Frey
INRIA-RENNES, France 
Email: [email-masked]

* Ian Brown
University of Oxford, UK 
Email: [email-masked]

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

* Jon Crowcroft (University of Cambridge)
* George Danezis (MSR, Cambridge)
* Sameh Elnikety (MSR, Redmond)
* Sharad Goel (Yahoo! Research, New York)
* Thomas Gross (ETHZ)
* Rachid Guerraoui (EPFL)
* Anne-Marie Kermarrec (INRIA-Rennes)
* Vahab Mirrokni (Google, New York)
* Peter Neubauer (Neo4J)
* Ant Rowstron (MSR, Cambridge)
* Tao Stein (Facebook)
* George Theodorakopoulos (EPFL, University of Derby)
* Ben Zhao UCSB, USA

BEST PAPERS 

Google will sponsor up to two best-paper awards to  honor the author(s) of
papers of exceptional quality submitted to the SNS 2012 workshop.

STUDENT GRANTS

We will provide financial support for students that present their work
at the workshop.

FOLLOW US

on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/SNS2012

on Twitter
https://twitter.com/#!/SNS_2012