Subject: [p2prg] draft list of initial topics for different challenge areas in P2P research

From: sanghamitra de <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 23:17:30 +0530

Greetings,
In the work proposals, I found a proposed *draft* list of initial topics
the P2PRG should address in the area of new methods for optimizing P2P
application overlays, performing routing and peer selection decisions,
managing traffic and discovering resources. The initial topics listed were:

   - A deliverable on taxonomizing the uses of P2P applications: file
   sharing applications (BitTorrent?, eMule, eDonkey, etc.), interactive
   communications-oriented applications (p2psip, Skype), media relaying
   systems (Joost), patch distribution systems, social networks, replacing
   critical infrastructure (CoDNS), global persistent storage (CFS,
   OceanStore?).
   - An empirical study of peer distributions in BitTorrent? swarms.
   - A survey of peer selection optimization solutions currently proposed
   for P2P applications.
   - Impact of peer selection strategies on cross-ISP fairness.
   - Peer-selection for P2P streaming.

 .
Are there similar draft lists for other challenge areas in P2P research
like:

   - storage, reliability, and information retrieval in P2P systems
   - security, privacy, anonymity and trust in P2P network.
   - P2P systems deployed to measure, monitor and characterize P2P
   applications
   - requirements of new applications (e.g., real-time P2P applications or
   P2P applications for wireless networks) on the P2P technologies used

Thanks
S. De