Subject: [p2p-sip] Relayed Multicast Protocol

From: slavitch at objectworld.com (Michael Slavitch)
Date: Tue Nov 22 08:44:59 2005

It seems that everyone is understanding the problem and working towards
common goals using open techniques. This should be encouraged, not
discouraged, as the idea of maintaining independent silos of thought is
what is slowing adoption of new technologies. The IETF has been
increasingly guilty of this of late. Let's not let this chauvinism
pollute P2P-SIP.

 
It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the
credit. 
 
- Harry S Truman

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Eunsoo Shim
Sent: November 22, 2005 8:13 AM
To: Enrico Marocco
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [p2p-sip] Relayed Multicast Protocol

Enrico Marocco wrote:

>Henry Sinnreich wrote:
>  
>
>>>I had an impression that ITU-T would be slow in adopting new
technologies.
>>>Probably I had a wrong impression.
>>>      
>>>
>>I believe you are still right :-). P2P has been around for years and 
>>seems to dominate the Internet traffic. Only the standards 
>>organizations, including the IETF seem to have overlooked P2P, or 
>>relegated P2P to the IRG on P2P.
>>    
>>
>
>Maybe we are late,
>

>but aren't we going in the right direction?
>  
>
Yes, yes. :-)

>David is collecting use cases in a document (even though everybody
>agrees that the one use case could be "Skype") which will be ready in a
>few weeks; we have already agreed on a charter and we've seen a lot of
>people interested in creating a WG.
>Don't you think we will be ready for a bof in Dallas?
>  
>
At least we should try to become ready for a BOF in Dallas.
I believe we will be ready.
We will see more drafts soon including a use cases draft.

Regards,

Eunsoo
_______________________________________________
p2p-sip mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/p2p-sip

-- 
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS
------------------------------------------------------
Teach CanIt if this mail (ID 458910) is spam:
Spam:
http://asteroid.objectworld.com/canit/b.php?c=s&i=458910&m=c0b934115ce3
Not spam:
http://asteroid.objectworld.com/canit/b.php?c=n&i=458910&m=c0b934115ce3
Forget vote:
http://asteroid.objectworld.com/canit/b.php?c=f&i=458910&m=c0b934115ce3
------------------------------------------------------
END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS