Subject: [p2p-sip] Draft minutes for P2P-SIP BOF at IETF 65

From: RADHIKA.R.ROY at saic.com (Roy, Radhika R.)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 17:19:46 -0500

Folks:
 
I have some simple things to clarify as follows:

1.	

	Kindly use the term "Real-Time Text" (instead of Interactive text).
2.	

	It appears that P2P-SIP services will include: a. Voice Mail, b. NAT
Crossing, c. all SIP services in P2P mode, d. Multipoint Multimedia
Conferencing, e. Real-Time Text, f. Audio/Video Distribution, and f. Other
real-time services.

The clarification that I have been looking for item 2 is stated below:

*	Will the centralized multipoint multimedia conferencing (e.g., XCON
WG is doing) be addressed in the P2P-SIP? 
*	If so, whether did people provide some thoughts how this can be done
in P2P mode that is practical to implement commercially?

Best regards,

Radhika

  _____  

From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu on behalf of Dean Willis
Sent: Sat 4/1/2006 3:46 PM
To: p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Cc: Jon Peterson
Subject: [p2p-sip] Draft minutes for P2P-SIP BOF at IETF 65

Here are the draft minutes most nobly edited by Philip Mathews. Please 
review, and bring any discrepancies to the attention of the list.

---

From: philip_matthews at magma.ca (Philip Matthews)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 08:43:20 -0400

> 	Kindly use the term "Real-Time Text" (instead of Interactive text).

The minutes use the term "interactive text" because that is the term  
that
Henning used in his slides. Though I happen to agree with you that
"Real-Time Text" is a better term, I am reluctant to change the term  
in the
minutes because it doesn't reflect what Henning said.

> in P2P mode that is practical to implement commercially?

Is this supposed to be a correction to some portion of the minutes,
or just a followup question?

- Philip