Subject: [p2p-sip] Draft minutes for P2P-SIP BOF at IETF 65

From: RADHIKA.R.ROY at saic.com (Roy, Radhika R.)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:34:25 -0400

Well, we are developing interfaces and protocols. We may call them
p2p-SIP protocol and interface architectures per se. 

We are just saying that we not developing p2p-SIP "networking"
architectures, I believe.

Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: Krishna Sankar (ksankar) [mailto:ksankar at cisco.com] 
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 11:30 AM
To: Roy, Radhika R.; Mike Robinson; Spencer Dawkins;
p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: RE: [p2p-sip] Draft minutes for P2P-SIP BOF at IETF 65

I think it is the other way around - we are not developing universal P2P
Architectures, but a SIP architecture (interfaces, protocols) on the top
of a semi-generic P2P substrate; so we are developing a P2P-SIP
architecture, but not *THE* P2P architecture. 

The question, then, is not if *all* P2P paradigms are fully researched
and commercialized, but do we have a good enough body of work that meets
our purposes, and that,IMHO, is YES.

Cheers
<k/>

________________________________

	From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Roy, Radhika R.
	Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 8:21 AM
	To: Mike Robinson; Spencer Dawkins; p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
	Subject: Re: [p2p-sip] Draft minutes for P2P-SIP BOF at IETF 65

	Folks:

	Well, I guess that we not developing the arch for p2p-SIP per
se.

	Best regards,

	Radhika

	________________________________

		From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Mike Robinson
	Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 2:30 AM
	To: Spencer Dawkins; p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
	Subject: Re: [p2p-sip] Draft minutes for P2P-SIP BOF at IETF 65

	Spencer:
	...
	IRTF researchers say that
	        they are still studying P2P architectures, but ..

	    --mike

---

From: philip_matthews at magma.ca (Philip Matthews)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:50:16 -0400

Once again, I would like to ask all of you to PLEASE change the  
subject line
so this discussion gets moved to another thread.

PLEASE leave this subject line for a discussion of corrections to the  
minutes.

Thanks in advance.

- Philip

On 3-Apr-06, at 11:34 , Roy, Radhika R. wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> p2p-sip mailing list
> https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/cucslists/listinfo/p2p-sip