Subject: [p2p-sip] OverSim: A Flexible Overlay Network Simulation Framework

From: baumgart at tm.uka.de (Ingmar Baumgart)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:29:04 +0100

We are pleased to announce the first release of OverSim, a flexible
overlay network simulation framework based on OMNeT++. It was designed
to fulfill a number of requirements that have been partially neglected
by existing peer-to-peer simulation frameworks.

These requirements include the availability of a GUI for debugging
purposes, the possibility to exchange models of the underlaying network
with different levels of detail and the possibility to reuse protocol
implementations for both simulation and real world networks.

Some features of the first release:

- Includes implementations of the peer-to-peer protocols Chord and GIA.

- Interactive GUI

- Flexible and modular design (e.g. use of the common API for
  structured p2p overlays)

- Scalability: Simulation of networks with up to 100,000 nodes

For screenshots and further information please take a look at the
project web site:

http://www.oversim.org/

OverSim is developed at the Institute of Telematics, Universitaet
Karlsruhe (TH) within the scope of the ScaleNet project funded by the
German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. The simulator is
actively developed and open to contributions.

Best Regards,
  Ingmar

-- 
Dipl.-Inform. Ingmar Baumgart
Institut f?r Telematik, Universit?t Karlsruhe (TH)
Zirkel 2, 76128 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone: +49 721 608 8281, Fax: +49 721 608 6789