Subject: [P2PSIP] P2P for Redundant SIP Proxies scenario (draft-bryan-p2psip-usecases-00)

From: Adrian Georgescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 09:43:29 +0200

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryan-p2psip-usecases-00.txt

My company has implemented a self-organizing and fully distributed  
SIP server farm by using P2P/DHT concepts. With reference to this  
draft I would like to confirm that the scenario from 3.4.2 (P2P for  
Redundant SIP Proxies) is valid and useful.

May I refine the scenario statement as we found in practice that this  
technology is useful not only for distributing the SIP Proxy  
functionality but all the network resources that required scalability  
and resilience without introducing a single point of failure.

3.4.2.  P2P for self-organizing SIP Proxies and other SIP application  
servers

    Service providers may wish to connect a farm of SIP servers  
together in a
    transparent way, passing resources (user registrations or other call
    information) between themselves with as little configuration or
    traffic as possible.  Ideally, the redundancy and exchange of
    information should require a minimum of configuration between the
    devices (e.g. a bootstrap DNS domain and a TLS digital  
certificate). A P2P architecture
    between the SIP proxies or other hosted SIP applications like  
Presence allows
    server farms to self-organize and operated in this way. With this  
approach, it is easy
    to add more servers with minimal or no service disruptions, allow  
for geographical
    distribution of resources and increases the general robustness of  
the system.

Kind regards,
Adrian Georgescu
AG Projects

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip