Subject: [P2PSIP] New version of Concepts draft: draft-ietf-p2psip-concepts-00

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 14:10:12 -0400

Folks:

The latest version of the Concepts draft is now available as

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-p2psip-concepts-00

This draft is now the (first) official document of the working group.

The authors didn't make a huge number of changes to the draft this time.
Mostly, the changes are minor improvements to the presentation of the  
material,
but some additions to the list of open questions.
While there has been a fair amount of discussion on things like the  
possible
existence and role of clients, we didn't see a lot of solid new material
that we could add. Hopefully, some of these issues will be resolved  
in time
for the next revision before the Vancouver meeting.

Dean did most of the work in producing this revision.

- Philip

Here is a list of changes from the previous version (draft-willis- 
p2psip-concepts-04):
    1.  Revised "Open Questions" to reflect current discussion.

    2.  Resolved conflict between "services provided by overlay" and
        "named services provided by peers" by calling all overlay-level
        operations "functions".  Thus, we would now speak of an overlay
        providing a "distributed transport function".

    3.  Resolved open issue "Does P2PSIP provide a distributed location
        function or an alternative mechanism to RFC 3263?  The answer
        seems to be both, but what is the relationship between  
these?" by
        documenting that each overlay provides an alternative to
        [RFC3263] within that overlay, but that [RFC3263] is used in the
        conventional manner between overlays.

    4.  Revised abstract to include SIP message routing within the  
scope.

    5.  Added brief mention of peer's capacity for services offered in
        overview section on distributed database.

    6.  Revised definition of P2PSIP Service.

    7.  Revised abstract and high level discussion.

    8.  Added discussion of proposed peer models and relationship to SIP
        UAs.

    9.  Revised reference model diagram to clarify client behavior.

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip