Subject: [P2PSIP] new RELOAD drafts

From: "Bruce Lowekamp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:20:37 -0400

We have submitted an update to the base RELOAD draft,
draft-bryan-p2psip-reload-01
and on security extensions for RELOAD
draft-lowekamp-p2psip-reload-security-01

Until they are available in the repository, they are available from p2psip.org

The major change to reload-01 is the addition of sections describing
the TRANSPORT-OPEN and TRANSPORT-TUNNEL methods for NAT traversal.

Bruce

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: Michael Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:02:19 -0800

Bruce,

Just want to point out that in this new draft, the description for the 
Method field of the protocol is one bit short.  In section 5.1, the 
paragraph on the method field begins as:

   "Method is a 7 bit field that indicates the message method. ...
    The class of methods are specified by the first two bits:"

   ...

   "The remaining four bits are used to specify the peer, resource,
    and transport methods. The following list of methods MUST be
    understood and are shown with their full 6 bit representations
    (first two bits are method type, last four specify method):"

Only 6 out of 7 bits for the method field are defined.

Thanks

Michael Chen
IDS Software