Subject: [P2PSIP] P2PSIP demonstrator at P2P2007

From: Ingmar Baumgart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:11:31 +0200

Hello,

I'm one of the developers of the OverSim simulation framework and
currently working in the area of secure distributed data storage for P2PSIP.

One key feature of OverSim is the capability to attach real applications
to a simulated DHT for demonstration purposes. We'll show a P2PSIP demo
with OverSim at the IEEE P2P2007 conference in Galway next week - the
demo abstract is available here:

http://doc.tm.uka.de/2007/OverSimDemo_2007.pdf

If some of you is attending the conference, it would be great to get
some feedback.

Regards,
  Ingmar

-- 
Dipl.-Inform. Ingmar Baumgart
Institut für Telematik, Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
Zirkel 2, 76128 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone: +49 721 608 8281, Fax: +49 721 608 6789

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: "Henry Sinnreich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:25:05 -0700

Ingmar,

This is great work!

Are there any plans to include peer nodes behind NAT in future work?

Thanks, Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: Ingmar Baumgart [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:12 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [P2PSIP] P2PSIP demonstrator at P2P2007

Hello,

Regards,
  Ingmar

---

From: Ingmar Baumgart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:24:32 +0200

Hello Henry,

currently there are no plans to simulate NAT in OverSim.

But we're working on a simulator extension to model supernodes that can
be located in the backbone. Depending on what you actually want to
model, this could maybe also be used to simulate some of the effects of
peer nodes behind NAT.

In our current work we're focusing on the comparision of overlay
protocols (Chord, Pastry, Koorde, Kademlia and Broose) in the face of
security and reliability (among equal peers).

Regards,
  Ingmar