Subject: [P2PSIP] Certificate's contents in RELOAD

From: Diego Suarez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 02:36:07 -0500

Hi all,

I have been reading the RELOAD document and I have a doubt about the
contents of the certificates used in it (Section 3.5.1 Certificate-Based
Security, page 21) and I would appreaciate any help in clearing me it.

It is about the relationship among usernames, peer-ids and devices.
I see useful an user can have more than one username associate with a
peer-id in a certificate. 
I can't see why an user should need more than a peer-id in a
certificate, apart from when different devices have to have different
peer-id even if they belong to the same user.
An this is what I really don't understand. why different devices should
have different peer-ids? I mean, shouldn't we stablish relationships
just between users and peer-ids without worrying about the device being
used? 

I guess, there is a explanation for relating devices to peer-ids, but I
can't find it. 

Thank you in advance.

Diego

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: Bruce Lowekamp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:42:39 -0400

Consider the case of a person who has an office phone, cell phone, and 
home-office phone.  That's one person with three different devices. 
Each device needs a unique peer-id (unless you want to somehow enforce 
that only one device can be on at any given time).

Bruce

---

From: Diego Suarez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:37:21 -0500

Now it makes sense to me.
Thank you very much.

Diego