Subject: [P2PSIP] New Version Notification for draft-maenpaa-p2psip-self-tuning-00

From: Jouni Mäenpää <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:28:30 +0200

Hi folks,

We have just submitted a draft which proposes a new topology plugin for
RELOAD. This topology plugin implements a self-tuning DHT. Two main
advantages of a self-tuning DHT are that users no longer need to tune
every DHT parameter correctly for a given operating environment and that
the system adapts to changing operating conditions (e.g., churn and
network size). This approach is in contrast to the traditional approach,
which is to configure DHTs in a static fashion by using fixed
parameters. In that approach, some characteristics such as churn rate
and network size need to be known in advance and the system does not
adapt if these characteristics change.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-maenpaa-p2psip-self-tuning-00.txt

Comments are welcome!

Regards,
Jouni Mäenpää

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:16:34 -0800

I just got to skim the draft but I like it  - I'm looking forward to  
getting to read it all carefully.

On Feb 16, 2009, at 23:28 , Jouni Mäenpää wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:13:42 +0200

Hi Cullen,

good to hear that. As we discussed a few IETFs ago, now that the work on 
the base P2PSIP technology is in a much more advanced state, we need to 
think about the types of topologies we want to be able to support... and 
the way to support different topologies in RELOAD is through topology 
plugins, which is what this draft defines.

Cheers,

Gonzalo