Subject: [P2PSIP] p2psip-hierachical-p2psip-overlay

From: 乐利锋 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:21:40 +0800

Dear  all  ,  Welcome to comment on the draft
"p2psip-hierachical-p2psip-overlay",
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-le-p2psip-hierachical-p2psip-overlay-00.txt.
My personal view is that it's time to consider Node heterogeneity in P2P SIP
system in order to enhance the performance.
This draft discusses the hierarchical overlay architecture in Peer-
   to-Peer (P2P) SIP system. The P2P SIP is defined as a distributed
   network and each peer is equal in it. But actually peers are
   different from each other on many aspects, e.g., physical performance,
   network performance or system performance (e.g., uptime). So node
   heterogeneity should been considered enough in P2P SIP system, which
   affects the scalability and service availability of P2P SIP overlays.
   This draft introduces the performance concerns of P2P SIP overlay
   without consideration of node heterogeneity at first. After that, an
   alternative architecture of hierarchical P2P SIP overlay is brought
   up.

Best Regards!
                                                             Le-Lifeng
                                                                cmcc