Subject: [P2PSIP] Traffic localization for RELOAD - for comments

From: "Li Gang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:47:15 +0800

Hi, all,

I submitted a draft about traffic localization for RELOAD, and the abstract
is as follows:

Hope you can take a few minutes to look at it and let me know your comments
:-)

Abstract:

This document describes the traffic problems due to randomly distributed
data storage in P2PSIP overlay, identifies the traffic localization
requirements, and then proposes an overlay construction and data storage
mechanism to implement traffic localization for REsource LOcation And
Discovery (RELOAD). Specifically, it's proposed to add location indicator to
the Peer node ID, for example, the beginning 5 bit hash ID stands for the
peer location, and user data with the location indication shall be possible
to be stored in local peer, thus to achieve traffic localization, reduce
backbone network traffic, and improve the efficiency and QoS of the whole
network.

You can refer to the following link for more details:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-p2psip-localization-00

Really appreciate your comments and feedback,

Li Gang

China Mobile

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:44:19 +0800

Hi,

First, I am really glad to see a draft on the topic of *Locality* for 
RELOAD. In fact, considering localization is important for network 
operator while using p2p way.

There are some comments/doubts:

1. Why put 3.3(proposal) in the *Requirements* chapter?
And if you want giving the final solution in the same draft, I think that 
the 3.3(proposal) need enriched to be convincing. Further, I think split 
the one into two or more drafts may be better. The first one can 
concentrate on the *Requirements* and *Metrics/Measurement*. And separated 
drafts(in fact, the solution can be more than one) for proposed DHTs 
considering localization. Especially important thing is the 
*Metrics/Measurement* which is the estimator for the proposed DHTs.

2. It is better to add some early paper as reference.
As the solution in 3.3(proposal) use the well-known way of *Location-based 
Node ID*, it is better to add some early paper(which introducing such way) 
as reference.

BTW, Because *localization* is very important for QoS and operation, I 
really want to see the WG making *localization* as a research direction 
for P2PSIP.

Thanks.

Gao
 
===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : [email-masked]
===================================

"Li Gang" <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2009-07-13 09:47

收件人
<[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
[P2PSIP] Traffic localization for RELOAD - for comments

Hi, all,
 
I submitted a draft about traffic localization for RELOAD, and the 
abstract is as follows:
Hope you can take a few minutes to look at it and let me know your 
comments J
 
Abstract:
This document describes the traffic problems due to randomly distributed 
data storage in P2PSIP overlay, identifies the traffic localization 
requirements, and then proposes an overlay construction and data storage 
mechanism to implement traffic localization for REsource LOcation And 
Discovery (RELOAD). Specifically, it's proposed to add location indicator 
to the Peer node ID, for example, the beginning 5 bit hash ID stands for 
the peer location, and user data with the location indication shall be 
possible to be stored in local peer, thus to achieve traffic localization, 
reduce backbone network traffic, and improve the efficiency and QoS of the 
whole network.

 
Li Gang
China Mobile
 _______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: "Li Gang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:59:12 +0100

Hi, Gao,

Thanks for your comments and indeed localization is really critical for the
feasibility of P2PSIP network especially for operators with a big number of
subscribers across a widespread geographical areas. 

As for your comments, please see my reply below:

I agree we made the mistake by putting the section “proposal” at the wrong
place and will correct it in the next version.

And also we will consider your suggestions to split it into 2 drafts. 

Also I agree that *Location-based Node ID* is one of possible ways to
achieve localization and it I will consider adding some papers for further
explanation.

Li Gang

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 2:44 PM
To: Li Gang
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] Traffic localization for RELOAD - for comments

Hi, 

First, I am really glad to see a draft on the topic of *Locality* for
RELOAD. In fact, considering localization is important for network operator
while using p2p way. 

1. Why put 3.3(proposal) in the *Requirements* chapter? 
And if you want giving the final solution in the same draft, I think that
the 3.3(proposal) need enriched to be convincing. Further, I think split the
one into two or more drafts may be better. The first one can concentrate on
the *Requirements* and *Metrics/Measurement*. And separated drafts(in fact,
the solution can be more than one) for proposed DHTs considering
localization. Especially important thing is the *Metrics/Measurement* which
is the estimator for the proposed DHTs. 

BTW, Because *localization* is very important for QoS and operation, I
really want to see the WG making *localization* as a research direction for
P2PSIP. 

Thanks. 

Gao 

2009-07-13 09:47 

收件人

<[email-masked]> 

抄送

主题

 

Hi, all, 

Abstract: 
  
You can refer to the following link for more details: 
 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-p2psip-localization-00>
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-p2psip-localization-00 

Li Gang 
China Mobile 

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.