Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] New draft on content sharing usage for RELOAD

From: Tao Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:37:13 +0800

Hi,

  As [draft-ietf-p2psip-base-03] said: “RELOAD is designed to support a
variety of applications, including P2P multimedia communications with the
Session Initiation Protocol [I-D.ietf-p2psip-sip]. RELOAD allows the
definition of new application usages. ” I think this draft has given an
example following this guideline. There is still one important issue to be
badly noticed and discussed:

For RELOAD is “designed specifically to meet the requirements for a P2P
protocol to support SIP” [draft-ietf-p2psip-base-03], it is applied to
support content sharing in this draft, are there some specific requirements
for content sharing usage that are too different from the SIP usage for
RELOAD to support ? Or if you would make some extensions, which part needs
extension and to what extent?

  I think this question would be general for all the P2P application usage
which is inclined to use RELOAD. It is necessary to clarify the specific
requirements, especially those are not supported well by current RELOAD.

   Regards

Tao Ma

16th, July, 2009

Mobile Life New Media Lab, Beijing University of Posts and
Telecommunications

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM, <shen.jiong at zte.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi all,

> We have submitted a draft on content sharing usage for RELOAD. It
provides

> the functionality of distributing and fetching shared content efficiently
to

> and from a P2P overlay network, which performs as Content Delivery
Network

> and is service insensitive.

> The draft can be found at

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shen-p2psip-content-sharing-00.txt.

>  Comments are welcome.

> Thanks,

> Jiong

> --------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:21:15 +0800

Hi Tao,

Based on the peculiarity of the content sharing usage, the content 
normally is huge. So need consider of  load banlance arithmetic, topology 
optimize and the rules for slice very huge content to segments.

Thanks,
Jiong

Tao Ma <[email-masked]> 
2009-07-16 14:37

收件人
[email-masked], [email-masked]
抄送
lilichun <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], 
[email-masked]
主题
Re: [P2PSIP] New draft on content sharing usage for RELOAD

Hi,
  As [draft-ietf-p2psip-base-03] said: “RELOAD is designed to support a 
variety of applications, including P2P multimedia communications with the 
Session Initiation Protocol [I-D.ietf-p2psip-sip]. RELOAD allows the 
definition of new application usages. ” I think this draft has given an 
example following this guideline. There is still one important issue to be 
badly noticed and discussed:
For RELOAD is “designed specifically to meet the requirements for a P2P 
protocol to support SIP” [draft-ietf-p2psip-base-03], it is applied to 
support content sharing in this draft, are there some specific 
requirements for content sharing usage that are too different from the SIP 
usage for RELOAD to support ? Or if you would make some extensions, which 
part needs extension and to what extent?
  I think this question would be general for all the P2P application usage 
which is inclined to use RELOAD. It is necessary to clarify the specific 
requirements, especially those are not supported well by current RELOAD. 
   Regards
Tao Ma
16th, July, 2009
Mobile Life New Media Lab, Beijing University of Posts and 
Telecommunications

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM, <shen.jiong at zte.com.cn> wrote:

provides

to

Network

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shen-p2psip-content-sharing-00.txt
.

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: Song Haibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:50:22 +0800

Hi all,
 
I'm quite confused that if a peer or client wants to share its local content
of huge size, why not store the data location information to the overlay
instead of the data itself? 

Thanks!
Haibin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 2:21 PM
To: Tao Ma
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [P2PSIP] 答复: Re: New draft on content sharing usage for RELOAD

Hi Tao, 

Based on the peculiarity of the content sharing usage, the content normally
is huge. So need consider of  load banlance arithmetic, topology optimize
and the rules for slice very huge content to segments. 

Thanks, 
Jiong 

2009-07-16 14:37 

收件人

抄送

主题

Hi, 

   Regards 

Tao Ma 

16th, July, 2009 

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM, <shen.jiong at  <http://zte.com.cn/>
zte.com.cn> wrote:

provides

to

Network

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shen-p2psip-content-sharing-00.tx
t> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shen-p2psip-content-sharing-00.
txt.

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 10:28:04 +0800

Hi, 

I think that storing data and storing data location information to overlay 
are two different usages, and all of them are useful. Storing data to 
overlay may improve other users's download speed, and reduce content 
providers's load. 

thanks!
Yonglin

Song Haibin <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2009-07-17 16:50

收件人
[email-masked], 'Tao Ma' <[email-masked]>
抄送
[email-masked], [email-masked]
主题
Re: [P2PSIP]    答复: Re:  New draft on content sharing usage for RELOAD

Hi all,
 
I'm quite confused that if a peer or client wants to share its local 
content of huge size, why not store the data location information to the 
overlay instead of the data itself? 

Thanks!
Haibin

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf 
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 2:21 PM
To: Tao Ma
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [P2PSIP] 答复: Re: New draft on content sharing usage for RELOAD

Hi Tao, 

Thanks, 
Jiong 

收件人

Hi, 
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM, <shen.jiong at zte.com.cn> wrote:

provides

to

Network

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is 
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is 
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and 
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended 
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. 
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of 
the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the 
individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam 
system.
_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:03:37 +0800

1)If the peers only store the location of the data segment, every data 
read/write request must be processed at the original peers, the 
performance is a problem.
2)For the purpose of traffic localization, the content itself should be 
pushed to the places nearest to the user.
3)The peers are suggested to be deployed by the service provider.

---------------------------------------------------
    Wang Jun(Russell Wang)
 System Architecture Dept. of Centre R&D,ZTE Corp.
 Addr: 68 Zijinghua Road,Nanjing
 Mobile:13770604455 
 Tel:   025-52877648 
 MSN: [email-masked] 

收件人

Hi all,

Thanks!
Haibin

Hi Tao, 

Thanks, 
Jiong 

收件人

Hi, 
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM, <shen.jiong at zte.com.cn> wrote:

provides

to

Network