Subject: [P2PSIP] New version for draft-matuszewski-p2psip-security-requirements-05

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:58:19 +0300

Hi, 

There is a new draft on security for p2psip titled p2psip security overview
and risk analysis in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-matuszewski-p2psip-security-requirements-05

The document is similar to the previous version but based on the discussion
in the previous meeting all the requirements were taken out and sent to the
mailing list (sees thread discussion on security requirements).

This document provides a security overview and analysis for the Peer-
to-Peer Session Initiation Protocol (P2PSIP) overlay network.  It discusses
security threats for the P2PSIP architecture and its  components.  It
compares security difference between client/server (C/S) and P2P
implementations of SIP, and then partitions the P2PSIP  architecture into
layers and analyzes the security issues in each layer and the security
relationship among the layers.

Thanks

Roni Even

---

From: Dan York <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:53:38 -0400

Folks,

I just wanted to make two points about this new draft:

1. We on the author team failed to include one major acknowledgement  
in this revision - we really must thank Roni Even for all of his work  
in providing comments on the previous draft  and also perhaps more  
importantly for his help in encouraging some of the email  
communication and conference calls we had. We will definitely include  
acknowledgement of this in the next draft.

2. This revision also includes for the first time a section I wrote  
about security concerns related to interconnection of P2PSIP systems  
to the PSTN and to external SIP systems.  The reality is that many if  
not most P2PSIP systems will want to connect to the larger SIP  
infrastructure as well as the traditional PSTN. Given this is a  
security overview, I felt it important to raise these issues for  
someone considering P2PSIP systems to consider.  As it is new text,  
I'd certainly welcome any comments and feedback.

Thanks,
Dan

On Jul 13, 2009, at 2:58 AM, Roni Even wrote:

> Hi,
> There is a new draft on security for p2psip titled p2psip security  
> overview and risk analysis in http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-matuszewski-p2psip-security-requirements-05
>
> The document is similar to the previous version but based on the  
> discussion in the previous meeting all the requirements were taken  
> out and sent to the mailing list (sees thread discussion on security  
> requirements).
> This document provides a security overview and analysis for the  
> Peer- to-Peer Session Initiation Protocol (P2PSIP) overlay network.   
> It discusses security threats for the P2PSIP architecture and its   
> components.  It compares security difference between client/server  
> (C/S) and P2P implementations of SIP, and then partitions the  
> P2PSIP  architecture into layers and analyzes the security issues in  
> each layer and the security relationship among the layers.
> Thanks
> Roni Even
> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

-- 
Dan York, Director of Conversations
Voxeo Corporation   http://www.voxeo.com  [email-masked]
Phone: +1-407-455-5859    Skype: danyork

Join the Voxeo conversation:
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/voxeo  http://twitter.com/danyork
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/voxeo