Subject: [P2PSIP] 答复: Fwd: A new proposal for SIP Usage for RELOAD

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:44:21 +0800

Hi,

Comments inline.

Thanks.

Gao

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : [email-masked]
===================================

Tao Ma <[email-masked]> 
2009-07-23 15:50

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送

主题
Fwd: [P2PSIP]A new proposal for SIP Usage for RELOAD

Hi,
    I have read the draft, which points out the drawbacks of 
draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-01. But I have some questions and confusion as 
follows:
    1 You mentioned the exclusivity to overlay clients, but I don't think 
the draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-01 has explicitly excluded the client usage, 
whereas it doesn't  mention the client support explicitly. Could you show 
me the apparent conflicts with the client usage in that draft?]

[Gao] draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-01 says that sip users are peers, not *Node*. 
So, it can be treated as *exclusivity*. Do you think so.
Further, clients' routing and peers' routing is not the same way. And I am 
arranging a separate text to talk about the reachability of clients routed 
by NodeID.

    2 I am a little confused about the description " The main difference 
is that sip user registers his address while not NodeID, under his AOR"in 
Section 3 "the new solution". Actually, client may have NodeID in RELOAD 
protocol. In the new solution why does the sip user register with address 
not NodeID? What does "address" here mean?

[Gao] "Address" is the same as Contract header in normal SIP register 
message. Why using *Contract address*, while not NodeID is a nice 
question.
The reason is that clients' reachability can not be guaranteed by any 
overlay when routing by NodeID for clients.

    3 In Section 3.2.1, I am confused about the "half spending". You use 
ICE offer/answer, the draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-01 uses AppAttach mechanisms, 
how can you say your mechanism is "half spending"?

[Gao] ICE offer/answer procedure is bypass of the overlay, and it is sent 
directly between caller and callee. But the AppAttach has not be routed 
peer by peer.

My way: Fetch;
draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-01's way: Fetch and AppAttach. 

So, it is half spending.

    I would appreciate for your reply:)
Tao Ma
July 23rd
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Mobile lIfe and New 
mEdia Lab

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.