Subject: [P2PSIP] List followup of meeting consensus: Hums on self-tuning

From: "David A. Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:20:44 -0500

In the meeting at IETF-76 in Hiroshima, the group was asked to hum on:

Does the group feel there should be a charter deliverable to address
the self-tuning problem.

There was hum called in support of doing so.

A second hum was asked, noting that there were few who had read it and
it was preliminary, but to see if there was a feeling that draft
draft-maenpaa-p2psip-self-tuning-01 was a good input toward a charter
deliverable to work in this area, please hum.

There was a quiet but hum in support.

We would like to confirm these hums on the mailing list. Please
comment on these hums.

David (as chair)

---

From: Ari Keranen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:44:47 +0200

> We would like to confirm these hums on the mailing list. Please

+1 for chartering a deliverable for this and adopting 
draft-maenpaa-p2psip-self-tuning-01 as the starting point.

Cheers,
Ari

---

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:36:47 +0100

> draft-maenpaa-p2psip-self-tuning-01 as the starting point.

As already said at the mic, +1 also from me. I really think this is an
essential functionality for any overlay expected to work in the real work.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:32:40 -0700

On Nov 17, 2009, at 5:44 AM, Ari Keranen wrote:

>
> +1 for chartering a deliverable for this and adopting draft-maenpaa- 
> p2psip-self-tuning-01 as the starting point.

+1

Cullen (in my individual contributor role)

---

From: Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:57:33 -0800

+1

Thanks, Henry

On 11/17/09 2:32 PM, "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]> wrote:

+1

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: Joakim Koskela <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:14:18 +0200

> deliverable to work in this area, please hum.

+1 for this as well. Afaik something like this will be necessary at some point 
if this is going to be deployed, and Maenpaas draft seems to be as good a 
starting point as any.

br, j

---

From: "David A. Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:48:46 -0500

Just wanted to follow up that the list comments support the consensus
of the room that the group feels there should be a charter item for
self-tuning. Thanks.

David (as chair)