Subject: [P2PSIP] RELOAD - implementation of Storage module and message encoder decoder

From: Amit R <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 14:18:14 -0400

Hello,

I have implemented RELOAD storage module and encoder/decoder module for
RELOAD store and fetch requests. The source code is available on google code
at:
https://code.google.com/p/reload-protocol/

Here are some details (both implementation and limitations) of the current
implementation:
1. Current work provides implementation of RELOAD Store and Fetch
request/response  and error messages.
2. It provides implementation of encoder/decoder module for the
abovementioned  RELOAD messages.
3. It provides implementation of data storage for RELOAD. You can store
single value, array entry or dictionary entry in RELOAD storage. However,
the current  implementation limits the value type contained in each of these
entries to string  i.e. you can only store string type data in RELOAD
storage.
4. The data stored in RELOAD storage is not replicated in this
implementation.
5. The access control policies for stored data are not implemented in
current project.
6. The Topology plugin module constructs the routing table statically from
the input  config file and routes messages according to that routing table.
It does not allow dynamic addition or removal of nodes from overlay network.
7. The current implementation doesn't address security related issues
mentioned in the draft e.g. implementation of Security Block for RELOAD
messages, or digitally signing the stored data.

Thank you,
Amit Ranpise
[email-masked]

---

From: jc <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 21:51:23 -0400

Rockin!

On Oct 8, 2010, at 2:18 PM, Amit R <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have implemented RELOAD storage  module and encoder/decoder module  
> for RELOAD store and fetch requests.  The source code is available  
> on google code at:
> Here are some details (both implementation and limitations) of the  
> current implementation:
> 3. It provides implementation of data storage for RELOAD. You can  
> store  single value, array entry or dictionary entry in RELOAD  
> storage. However, the current  implementation limits the value type  
> contained in each of these entries to string  i.e. you can only  
> store string type data in RELOAD storage.
> 5. The access control policies for stored data are not implemented  
> in current project.
> 6. The Topology plugin module constructs the routing table  
> statically from the input  config file and routes messages according  
> to that routing table. It does not allow dynamic addition or removal  
> of nodes from overlay network.
> 7. The current implementation doesn't address security related  
> issues mentioned in the draft e.g. implementation of Security Block  
> for RELOAD messages, or digitally signing the stored data.
>
> Thank you,
> Amit Ranpise
> [email-masked]
> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: "David A. Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:57:07 -0400

Great to see the activity on getting some implementations out there.
Thanks for sharing.

David