Subject: [P2PSIP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-knauf-p2psip-share-00

From: Alexander Knauf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 18:22:45 +0100

Hi all,

we just submitted a new draft Usage for RELOAD. Please have a look.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-knauf-p2psip-share-00.txt

We are looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Alexander

A new version of I-D, draft-knauf-p2psip-share-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Alexander Knauf and posted to the IETF repository.

Abstract:
This document defines a RELOAD Usage for shared write access to
RELOAD Resources.  Shared Resources in RELOAD (ShaRe) form a basic
primitive for enabling various coordination and notification schemes
among distributed peers.  Access in ShaRe is controlled by a
hierarchical trust delegation scheme maintained within an access
list.  A new USER-CHAIN-ACL access policy allows authorized peers to
write a Shared Resource without owning its corresponding certificate.
This specification also adds mechanisms to store Resources with a
variable name which is useful whenever peer-independent rendezvous
processes are required.

The IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:50:52 -0800

On 03/07/2011 09:22 AM, Alexander Knauf wrote:
> A new version of I-D, draft-knauf-p2psip-share-00.txt has been
> successfully submitted by Alexander Knauf and posted to the IETF
> repository.
> 
> Abstract:

Does this USER-CHAIN-ACL policy replace the USER-CHAIN-MATCH policy in
draft-knauf-p2psip-disco?

(I am trying to adapt my own draft-petithuguenin-p2psip-access-control to
support all or some of these policies).

Thanks.

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Personal email: [email-masked]
Professional email: [email-masked]
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org

---

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 21:06:56 +0100

Hi Marc,

On 07.03.2011 18:50, Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
...
> support all or some of these policies).

Yes it does.

Actually, we have generalized/modified and split this policy in two parts:

USER-CHAIN-ACL is a trust delegation scheme to avoid the exchange of 
private conference keys and have a more general mechanism of controlling 
a shared access.

USER-PATTERN-MATCH (Sect. 6.1) is the remaining part for defining 
flexible names such as a "pleasant" conference name.

draft-knauf-p2psip-disco will be updated in the next days to make use of 
this new "shared resource".

Best,

Thomas
-- 

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °
° Dept. Informatik, Internet Technologies Group    20099 Hamburg, Germany °
° http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet                   Fon: +49-40-42875-8452 °
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt    Fax: +49-40-42875-8409 °