Subject: [P2PSIP] Base draft 9.5 bullet 2 needs to be revised

From: "Michael Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 22:09:34 -0700

Hi,

Base draft section 5.5.1 second paragraph states:

  "As described in Section 5.1, an Attach may be routed to either a
   Node-ID or to a Resource-ID.  An Attach routed to a specific Node-ID
   will fail if that node is not reached."

The second sentence above invalidates section 9.5 bullet 2, which says

  "2.  JP SHOULD send an Attach request to the admitting peer (AP) for
       Node-ID n.  The "send_update" flag should be used to acquire the
       routing table for AP."

Since JP's Node-ID is not yet valid, AP should fail the request as
instructed by 5.5.1.

I believe this should be changed to (similar to how to discover
successor in later paragraph):

  "2.  JP SHOULD send an Attach request to the admitting peer (AP) for
       Resource-ID n+1.  The "send_update" flag should be used to
       acquire the routing table for AP."

Thanks

--Michael