Subject: [P2PSIP] RELOAD testing at IETF83

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 10:18:40 -0600

Folks -

We have made space available for RELOAD interop testing the weekend 
before IETF83.
(Two half day sessions 0900-1300 Saturday and Sunday).
Marc Petit-Huguenin will be coordinating the tests. Please let him know 
if you will be
bringing an implementation.

Thanks,

RjS

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:34:08 -0800

Please let me know if you may be attending the RELOAD interop event in Paris.
This is for planning purpose, so please send me an email even if you are not
100% sure about your plans - I need to have an idea of what kind of hardware I
need to bring.  I will create a private mailing-list for the discussion
between the people who will announce their intention of attending.

Also please note that you do not need a complete implementation to attend.
The list of attendees and the bugs found in individual implementations will be
kept confidential.  You do not need to attend the IETF meeting to attend the
interop event.

Thanks.

On 02/07/2012 08:18 AM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> Folks -
> 
> We have made space available for RELOAD interop testing the weekend before
> IETF83. (Two half day sessions 0900-1300 Saturday and Sunday). Marc
> Petit-Huguenin will be coordinating the tests. Please let him know if you 
> will be bringing an implementation.
> 

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Personal email: [email-masked]
Professional email: [email-masked]
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:18:18 -0800

I did not see much interest in the RELOAD interop in Paris so far.  If you
think that you will maybe attend, please send me a direct email, you will be
able to cancel without problem.  I really need to have an idea of the number
of people attending for planning purpose.

Thanks.

On 02/10/2012 10:34 AM, Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:
> Please let me know if you may be attending the RELOAD interop event in
> Paris. This is for planning purpose, so please send me an email even if you
> are not 100% sure about your plans - I need to have an idea of what kind of
> hardware I need to bring.  I will create a private mailing-list for the
> discussion between the people who will announce their intention of
> attending.
> 
> The list of attendees and the bugs found in individual implementations will
> be kept confidential.  You do not need to attend the IETF meeting to attend
> the interop event.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
>> before IETF83. (Two half day sessions 0900-1300 Saturday and Sunday).
>> if you will be bringing an implementation.

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin

---

From: "Michael Chen"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:20:49 -0800

Hi,

We are painfully aware of many meaningless and bad designs in the draft  
being kept by firm hands of key members of this group, often citing "not to  
break existing implementations out there".

Well, where are these existing implementation "out there"? Why aren't they  
participate in the inter-op?

Cisco, Polycom, Skype, Huawei, anyone?

Can we predict that couple years from now we all have to implement known  
bugs in order to inter-operate with Cisco phones or Polycom intercom "out  
there"?

Thank you

Michael Chen

-----Original message-----
From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Mon, Feb 20, 2012 18:18:18 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] [reload-implementers]  RELOAD testing at IETF83

Thanks.

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Personal email: [email-masked]
Professional email: [email-masked]
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org
_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:22:04 +0100

Hi,

> of people attending for planning purpose.

Basically, we are interested, but our implementation isn't probably
mature enough for an interop at this IETF (amy at the next one).
Furthermore, I'll arrive on Sunday and can't make it on Saturday.

Regards,
 Roland

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:51:20 -0800

> participate in the inter-op?

That a very good point.

> bugs in order to inter-operate with Cisco phones or Polycom intercom "out

Yes, and the sad part is that there is a mechanism in RELOAD to cope with
early implementations:  Just increment the version number each time a new I-D
breaks interoperability (This is exactly what hyby did for Websockets, which
seems to work very well).

And BTW, when published as RFC, the RELOAD version *will* increment to 0x10,
which means that none of the early implementations will work with this version
anyway.

> *From: *Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>* To: [email-masked]* Cc:
> [email-masked]* Sent: *Mon, Feb 20, 2012 18:18:18 GMT+00:00* 
> Subject: *Re: [P2PSIP] [reload-implementers] RELOAD testing at IETF83
> 
> think that you will maybe attend, please send me a direct email, you will
> be able to cancel without problem. I really need to have an idea of the
> number of people attending for planning purpose.

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 07:47:13 -0800

Hi Roland,

On 02/21/2012 02:22 AM, Roland Bless wrote:
>> I did not see much interest in the RELOAD interop in Paris so far.  If
>> you think that you will maybe attend, please send me a direct email, you
>> will be able to cancel without problem.  I really need to have an idea of
>> the number of people attending for planning purpose.
> 
> Basically, we are interested, but our implementation isn't probably mature
> enough for an interop at this IETF (amy at the next one). Furthermore, I'll
> arrive on Sunday and can't make it on Saturday.
> 

If you arrive before 1:00pm the Sunday, please stop by anyway.  Knowing other
implementers can only help to organize future interop events.

Thanks.

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin