Subject: [P2PSIP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-p2psip-drr-10.txt> (An extension to RELOAD to support Direct Response Routing) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 06:41:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation
Protocol WG (p2psip) to consider the following document:
- 'An extension to RELOAD to support Direct Response Routing'
  <draft-ietf-p2psip-drr-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document proposes an optional extension to RELOAD to support
   direct response routing mode.  RELOAD recommends symmetric recursive
   routing for routing messages.  The new optional extension provides a
   shorter route for responses reducing the overhead on intermediate
   peers and describes the potential cases where this extension can be
   used.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-drr/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-drr/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.