Subject: [Pals] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 11:44:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : S-PE Outage Protection for Static Multi-Segment Pseudowires
        Authors         : Andrew G. Malis
                          Loa Andersson
                          Huub van Helvoort
                          Jongyoon Shin
                          Lei Wang
                          Alessandro D'Alessandro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-06-01

Abstract:
   In MPLS and MPLS-TP environments, statically provisioned Single-
   Segment Pseudowires (SS-PWs) are protected against tunnel failure via
   MPLS-level and MPLS-TP-level tunnel protection.  With statically
   provisioned Multi-Segment Pseudowires (MS-PWs), each segment of the
   MS-PW is likewise protected from tunnel failures via MPLS-level and
   MPLS-TP-level tunnel protection.  However, static MS-PWs are not
   protected end-to-end against failure of one of the switching PEs
   (S-PEs) along the path of the MS-PW.  This document describes how to
   achieve this protection via redundant MS-PWs by updating the existing
   procedures in RFC 6870.  It also contains an optional approach based
   on MPLS-TP Linear Protection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 14:50:21 -0400

This revision adds a paragraph to the introduction describing how it
differs from draft-ietf-pals-redundancy-spe, and also adds the new
reference.

Cheers,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-02.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services
Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : S-PE Outage Protection for Static Multi-Segment
Pseudowires
        Authors         : Andrew G. Malis
                          Loa Andersson
                          Huub van Helvoort
                          Jongyoon Shin
                          Lei Wang
                          Alessandro D'Alessandro
        Filename        : draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-02.txt
        Pages           : 8
        Date            : 2015-06-01

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt