Subject: [Pals] RFC 7727 on Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) Application of the Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol (ICCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 16:25:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7727

        Title:      Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) Application 
                    of the Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol (ICCP) 
        Author:     M. Zhang, H. Wen, J. Hu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 48135
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-stp-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7727

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7727

The Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol (ICCP) supports an inter-chassis
redundancy mechanism that is used to support high network availability.

In this document, Provider Edge (PE) devices in a Redundancy Group (RG)
running ICCP are used to offer multihomed connectivity to Spanning Tree
Protocol (STP) networks to improve availability of the STP networks.  
The ICCP TLVs and usage for the ICCP STP application are defined.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC