Subject: [Pals] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pals-status-reduction-04.txt> (MPLS LSP PW status refresh reduction for Static Pseudowires) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 15:01:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled
Services WG (pals) to consider the following document:
- 'MPLS LSP PW status refresh reduction for Static Pseudowires'
  <draft-ietf-pals-status-reduction-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a method for generating an aggregated
   pseudowire status message transmitted on a Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP) to indicate the status of
   one or more pseudowires carried on the LSP.

   The method for transmitting the pseudowire (PW) status information is
   not new, however this protocol extension allows a Service Provider
   (SP) to reliably monitor the individual PW status while not
   overwhelming the network with multiple periodic status messages. This
   is achieved by sending a single cumulative summary status
   verification message for all the PWs grouped in the same LSP.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-status-reduction/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-status-reduction/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2818/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1604/