Subject: [Pals] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-lsp-ping-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:22:00 -0700

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-lsp-ping-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-lsp-ping/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Document: draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-lsp-ping-03.txt

Assuming I am understanding this document correctly, it's just a refinement
of MPLS Echo to point out a specific receiver to respond. Is that correct?
If so, perhaps you could make that clear in the intro.

This document is pretty acronym heavy. Please ensure that every acronym
is expanded on first use. Examples include LSP, VPN, VPLS, etc.
Similarly, LSP Tail/Bud, etc. need citations.

Figure 2 would benefit from some explanations of the packet flow. Where
does the echo packet start, where does it stop? Who answers, etc.