Subject: PANA threat evaluation draft.

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:58:25 -0700

Folks,

PANA threats and secuirty requirements doc is at

http://www.toshiba.com/tari/pana/draft-ietf-pana-threats-eval-00.txt

before it is officially annonunced.

Please send comments to the list.

-thanks
mohan

---

From: Subir Das <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:13:45 -0400

Mohan, 
Here is a quick comment:

Requirement 3: 

Are you assuming that layer-2 security exists here? If not, then by 
mutual authentication you may not be able to avoid some MITM attacks. 

For example, an AP can come in between PaC and PAA and forward the 
PaC's credentials by simply changing the IP/MAC address. Once 
authentication is successful (mutual authentication is performed) 
AP disconnects the PaC and gains the access. 

Subir

> Mohan Parthasarathy wrote:
> 
> Folks,
>