Subject: Requirements - 03

From: "Alper E. YEGIN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 18:14:41 -0700

Version 03 of the PANA requirements draft is
available. 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-requirements-03.txt

Please review and provide comments.

Thanks.

alper

---

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:23:03 -0700

Couple of comments (I think the pointer below should be -04.txt)

1) In section 4.1.1,

   When the DI is carried explicitly as part of the PANA payload, the 
   authentication computation MUST also include this field to provide 
   integrity protection for the DI. When the DI is carried implicitly 
   as the source of the PANA message, the protocol has to make sure 
   that the DI's integrity is protected by some other means (e.g., 
   physical verification of incoming port number of the PANA message in 
   the case of switch port number as a DI and PAA co-located with the 
   link-layer access device). Protecting PaCs against DI theft is 
   outside the scope of PANA. 

The above section is under "Authentication". I am not sure why we are
talking about DI protection and DI theft etc in this context. There is
already a separate paragraph on protection of data traffic. I am not
sure I understand what the above paragraph is trying to say.

2) 4.1.4 : Identifiers. 

   We should call the NAI, FQDN, IP address part to be the "identity" 
   rather than as identifier to avoid confusion with device identifier.

3) In section "4.6.2. Denial of Service Attacks" , there is some
unprintable
   character.

-mohan

     

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alper E. YEGIN [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 6:15 PM
> To: Pana (E-mail)
> Subject: Requirements - 03
> 
> 
>