Subject: [Pana] [issue36] Reauthentication race condition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:35:44 +0300

New submission from Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]>:

> > > There would be one issue in the latter case.  What happens if both PaC
> > > and PAA initate EAP level reauthentication at the same time?  When
> > > this happens, the PaC will send a PANA-PAA-Discover message while the
> > > PAA will send a PANA-Auth-Request message, according to the EAP level
> > > reauthentication behavior described in section 4.4.  In this case, the
> > > PAA can rely on the EAP restransmission (as a result multiple
> > > PANA-Auth-Request message with carrying the same EAP message will be
> > > generated) and simply ignore the received PANA-PAA-Discover message.
> > > This way, the race condition can be resolved.
> > > 
> > > Yoshihiro Ohba

----------
category: Technical
document: draft-ietf-pana-pana-xx.txt
messages: 125
nosy: dforsber
priority: Must Fix
status: Pending
title: Reauthentication race condition
________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue36
________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana