Subject: [Pana] [issue34] Behaviour with NAP and ISP (two EAP authentications).

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:53:00 +0300

New submission from Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]>:

How does Session-Lifetime (or Session-Timeout) realate to NAP and ISP
authentications? When this lifetime expires PaC should probably
reauthenticate to NAP and ISP? 

Clarification needed into the draft also for the case of session
terminateion. Does PaC or PAA terminate the part of the session that
relates to the ISP or NAP or both.

Would it be simpler to use PANA sessions with one EAP method only,
instead of two serial EAP methods in one session. Or should there be one
master session (NAP) and then subsessions (for ISPs). When the master
session is terminated, the subsessions are also terminated. PaC and PAA
can also terminate subsessions. Reauthentication should happen for all
the sessions because of independent EAP methods.

- Dan

----------
category: Technical
document: draft-ietf-pana-pana-xx.txt
messages: 105
nosy: dforsber
priority: Must Fix
status: No Discussion
title: Behaviour with NAP and ISP (two EAP authentications).
________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue34
________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana