Subject: [Pana] PANA implementation is now available under Open Diameter 1.0.5

From: "Victor Fajardo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:27:57 -0500

Open Diameter Release 1.0.5 is now available. The main focus of this
release is the PANA implemenation and addition of new EAP mechanisms
specifically EAP-Archie.

Release Version : 1.0.5
Release Date    : 10/28/2003

The main features for this release are as follows:

1 PANA library

            A PANA implementation based on draft-ietf-pana-pana-01.txt
            document has now been included in the Open Diameter release.
            The API for this library as well as accompanying documentation
            can be found in the Open Diameter doc section. As noted in the draft,
            PANA must be used in conjunction with EAP. The sample code
            that comes with the PANA library shows usage information on
            how to integrate PANA and EAP. The PANA library uses the 
            EAP library that comes with the Open Diameter distribution.
            However, PANA and EAP libraries does not have hard dependecies.
            PAN can be used with other EAP implementations and vice versa.
            Additional notes and documentation, can be found in the PANA
            library directory. Also note that for windows, a PANA packet
            filtering driver is required. Building and installing the
            driver is also found in the documentations under the PANA 
            library directory. For linux/unix, PANA is required to run
            under priveledge (root/super user) mode since it is using
            PF_SOCKET sockets.

            Note that for linux and windows, the PANA library is 
            included in the opendiameter-1.0.5.tar.gz 
            distribution. In addition, the PANA library has a
            separate setup file for source and binaries under 
            windows. This is in pana-1.0.0.zip distribution.

2 EAP-Archie library

            An EAP-Archie implementation as defined in draft-jwalker-eap-archie-01.txt
            is now available under the Open Diameter umbrella. EAP-Archie 
            defines a new EAP authentication scheme and is built on around 
            the Open Diameter EAP library. Additional notes and documentation 
            can be found in the libeap/eap-archie directory. In particular, 
            the sample test code describes implementation details on EAP-Archie 
            state machine. EAP-Archie API is exposed via the header files in
            libeap/eap-archie directory. As with the rest of the Open Diameter
            libraries, EAP-Archie is available under windows and linux/unix.

3 Microsoft VC++ 7.1 Support

            Microsoft .NET 2003 support has now been added to the Open
            Diameter distribution. A solutions file can be found in the
            Solutions directory of the distribution. It is important to
            note that this migration has become mandatory since there
            has been run-time issues with Open Diameter and VC++ 6.0
            specially with the use of the boost libraries. Targets are
            now generated within the directory structure of the Solutions 
            directory. Output binaries can be found in Solutions/Debug or
            Solutions/Release directories and intermediate files as well
            as debug databases are found within thier respective sub-
            directories. Note also the paths to third-party libraries 
            and include files (ACE, Xerces and boosts) needs to be set 
            in the user options of the .NET environment. (i.e. Tools->
            Options->Projects->VC ++ Directories). Further details about 
            this build environment can be found in the docs directory
            under msvc-solution-usage.txt.