Subject: [Pana] [issue17] Error handling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:18:44 +0300

Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]> added the comment:

Add new section:

X. Error handling

   PANA-error message MAY be sent by either PaC or PAA when a
   badly formed PANA message is received or in case of other
   errors.  If the cause of this error message was a request
   message (e.g., PANA-PAA-Discover or *-Request), then the
   request MAY be retransmitted immediately without waiting for
   its retransmission timer to go off. If the cause of the
   error was a response message, the receiver of the PANA-error
   SHOULD NOT resend the same response until it receives the
   next request.

   To defend against DoS attacks a timer MAY be used. One (1)
   error notification is sent to each different sender each N
   seconds. N is a configurable parameter.
 
   When an error message is sent unprotected with MAC AVP and
   the lower-layer is insecure, the error message is treated as
   an informational message.  The receiver of such an error
   message MUST NOT change its state unless the error persists
   and the PANA session is not making any progress.

Add new subsection:

9.3.Y    PANA-Error

   PANA-error is sent either by the PaC or the PAA.

   PANA-Error ::= < PANA-Header: 12 >
                   < Session-Id > 
		   < Result-Code >
                   { Failed-AVP }
                 * [ AVP ] 
               0*1 < MAC >

Add new subsection:

9.4.Z    Failed-AVP AVP

   The Failed-AVP AVP is defined in [DIAMETER].

________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue17
________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana