Subject: [Pana] [issue19] Result-Code AVP values?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:28:50 +0300

Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]> added the comment:

- Removed error code section separation.
- Removed PANA_TOO_BUSY.
- Clarified PANA_UNABLE_TO_DELIVER.
-------------------------

9.4.7 Result-Code AVP 
 
   The Result-Code AVP is defined in [DIAMETER].  Here are Result-Code
   AVP values taken from [DIAMETER] and adapted for PANA.

9.4.7.1.  Authentication Results Codes

   These result code values inform the PaC about the EAP
   authentication method success or failure.

         PANA_SUCCESS                            2001
            The EAP method authentication was succesfull
            (EAP-Success).

         PANA_AUTHENTICATION_REJECTED            4001
            The authentication process for the client failed
            (EAP-Failure).

         PANA_AUTHORIZATION_REJECTED             5003
             A request was received for which the client could not be
             authorized.  This error could occur if the service
             requested is not permitted to the client.

9.4.7.2.  Protocol Error Result Codes
   
   Protocol error result code values.

         PANA_MESSAGE_UNSUPPORTED                3001
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  Message
            type not recognized or supported.

         PANA_UNABLE_TO_DELIVER                  3002
            Error code from PAA to PaC.  PAA was unable to deliver the
            EAP payload to the authentication server.

         PANA_REALM_NOT_SERVED                   3003
            Error code from PAA to PaC.  The network doesn't recognize
            the realm.

         PANA_INVALID_HDR_BITS                   3008
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  A message
            was received whose bits in the PANA header were either set
            to an invalid combination, or to a value that is
            inconsistent with the message type's definition.

         PANA_INVALID_AVP_BITS                   3009
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  A message
            was received that included an AVP whose flag bits are set
            to an unrecognized value, or that is inconsistent with the
            AVP's definition.

         PANA_AVP_UNSUPPORTED                    5001
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  The
            received message contained an AVP that is not recognized
            or supported and was marked with the Mandatory bit.  A
            PANA message with this error MUST contain one or more
            Failed-AVP AVP containing the AVPs that caused the
            failure.

         PANA_UNKNOWN_SESSION_ID                 5002
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  The
            message contained an unknown Session-Id.  PAA MUST NOT
            send this error result code value to PaC if PaC sent an
            unknown Session-Id in the PANA-Start-Answer message
            (session resumption).

         PANA_INVALID_AVP_VALUE                  5004
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  The
            message contained an AVP with an invalid value in its data
            portion.  A PANA message indicating this error MUST
            include the offending AVPs within a Failed-AVP AVP.

         PANA_MISSING_AVP                        5005
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  The
            message did not contain an AVP that is required by the
            message type definition.  If this value is sent in the
            Result-Code AVP, a Failed-AVP AVP SHOULD be included in
            the message.  The Failed-AVP AVP MUST contain an example
            of the missing AVP complete with the Vendor-Id if
            applicable.  The value field of the missing AVP should be
            of correct minimum length and contain zeroes.

         PANA_RESOURCES_EXCEEDED                 5006
            Error code from PAA to PaC.  A message was received that
            cannot be authorized because the client has already
            expended allowed resources.  An example of this error
            condition is a client that is restricted to one PANA
            session and attempts to establish a second session.

         PANA_CONTRADICTING_AVPS                 5007
            Error code from PAA to PaC.  The PAA has detected AVPs in
            the message that contradicted each other, and is not
            willing to provide service to the client.  One or more
            Failed-AVP AVPs MUST be present, containing the AVPs that
            contradicted each other.

         PANA_AVP_NOT_ALLOWED                    5008
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  A message
            was received with an AVP that MUST NOT be present.  The
            Failed-AVP AVP MUST be included and contain a copy of the
            offending AVP.

         PANA_AVP_OCCURS_TOO_MANY_TIMES          5009
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  A message
            was received that included an AVP that appeared more often
            than permitted in the message definition.  The Failed-AVP
            AVP MUST be included and contain a copy of the first
            instance of the offending AVP that exceeded the maximum
            number of occurrences.

         PANA_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION                5011
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  This error
            is returned when a message was received, whose version
            number is unsupported.

         PANA_INVALID_AVP_LENGTH                 5014
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  The
            message contained an AVP with an invalid length.  The
            PANA-Error message indicating this error MUST include the
            offending AVPs within a Failed-AVP AVP.

         PANA_INVALID_MESSAGE_LENGTH             5015
            Error code from PAA to PaC or from PaC to PAA.  This error
            is returned when a message is received with an invalid
            message length.

----------
status: Clarifying Text Required -> Text Proposed
________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue19
________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana