Subject: [Pana] comment on draft-yacine-pana-paa2ep-prot-eval-00.txt

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:08:10 -0700

In Section 4.3:

   "In general terms, the PAA-EP protocol needs to support the stateful
   model between the PAA and the EP(s) and some other mechanism for the
   EP to learn the policies currently in effect on that access network."

This statement seems to mention that stateful model is required for
PAA-EP protocol, however this is not consistent with the following 
statement in Section 6.2:

   "SNMP does not provide heartbeat mechanisms, nor a stateful model (see
   section 2), but this is not required by PANA."

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:07:59 +0200

you're right Yoshi: some rewording may be needed here (I guess "MAY"
would be ok) in order to avoid misunderstandings. Anyway, the extract
below is quoted from the document scope and it says explicitly this
section does not deal with the PANA requirements identified in the PANA
REQ doc, which already passed a last call.

   The following section 4 presents some functions the PAA-EP protocol
   should offer, which have already been discussed on the mailing list.
   These are not mandatory at all, but one can consider them as "nice-
   to-have".

thanks,
Yacine

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:07:59 +0200

thanks,
Yacine