Subject: [Pana] about issue31

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:02:02 +0300

Hi,

How are the sequence numbers handled in this case? Does PANA-PAA-Discover 
message contain 0,0 or x,y?

Current issue31 suggestion:

   "When a PaC wants to initiate EAP-based re-authentication, it sends
   a unicast PANA-PAA-Discovery message to the PAA.  This message MUST
   contain a Session-Id AVP which is used for identifying the PANA
   session on the PAA. If the PAA already has an established PANA
   session for the PaC with the matching identifier, it sends a
   PANA-Auth-Request message containing the same identifier to start
   an authentication phase.  If the PAA can not recognize the session
   identifier, it proceeds with regular authentication by sending back
   PANA-Start-Request.  When the PAA initiates EAP-based
   re-authentication, it sends a PANA-Auth-Request message containing
   the session identifier for the PaC to enter an authentication
   phase. PAA SHOULD initiate EAP authentication before the current
   session lifetime expires."

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:33:04 -0700

> message contain 0,0 or x,y?

I think it should be 0,0.  This is because PANA-PAA-Discovery is
always unprotected and PAA should avoid updating its rseq based on 
unprocted information as much as possible.

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:33:04 -0700

Yoshihiro Ohba