Subject: [Pana] Issue 30

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:30:37 -0700

http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue30

See below for the proposed text for section 4.9. Comments welcome.

4.9 Mobility Handling
 
   If PaC wants to resume an ongoing PANA session after connecting to
   another link in the same access network, it MAY send the unexpired
   PANA session identifier in its PANA-Start-Answer message. In the
   absence of a Session-Id AVP in this message, PAA MUST assume this is a
   fresh session and assign a new session identifier in the first
   PANA-Auth-Request message.
    
   If PAA receives a session identifier in the PANA-Start-Answer message,
   and it is configured to enable fast re-authentication, it SHOULD
   retrieve the PANA SA from the previous PAA of the PaC. The mechanism
   required to determine the previous PAA of the PaC by relying on the PANA
   session identifier is outside the scope of PANA protocol. A possible
   solution is to embed the PAA identifier in the PANA session identifier.
   Furthermore, the mechanism required to retrieve the PANA SA from the
   previous PAA is outside the scope of this protocol. Seamoby Context
   Transfer Protocol [CTP] might be useful for this purpose.
    
   If the PAA is not configured to enable fast re-authentication, or
   can not retrieve the PANA SA, or the PANA SA has expired, the PAA
   MUST send the PANA-Auth-Request message with a new session identifier and
   let the PANA exchange take its usual course. Otherwise, PAA MUST
   continue the PANA session with a PANA-Reauth exchange (rather than
   PANA-Auth exchange which, in most of the times, means full EAP
   authentication). Device ID AVPs MUST be included in this exchange to
   bind the new DIs to the PANA SA.

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana