Subject: [Pana] Issue37: Unknown realm problem propagation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:26:39 -0800

Several comments were made on Issue 37 in the IETF58 PANA meeting.
Here is the summary:

- It is possible to propagate the event of AAA message routing error in
PANA message without need to change AAA protocols.

- If we take a look at another EAP transport protocol, IEEE 802.1X does not
carry the AAA message routing error.

- EAP state machines draft does not define an interface to propagate the
AAA message routing error to EAP transport protocols.  As a result, if PANA
supports propagation of the AAA error, PAA will need to have a direct
interface to AAA protocols, in addition to the interface to EAP. This will
complicate implementations.

I prefer not supporting this type of error message in PANA, from
implementation perspective.

The issue is described in
http://www.danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue37

Any comments?

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana