Subject: [Pana] Issue35: EP information

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:14:45 -0800

Text for issue35 is proposed below.  (Issue35 can be found at:
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue35)

Add the following section in Section 4:

"4.X  Support for Separate EP  (X:TBD)

  PANA allows PAA and EP to be separate entities.  In this
  case, if data traffic protection needs to be initiated after
  successful PANA authentication phase, PaC needs to know the device
  identifier of EP(s) so that it is able to establish a security
  association with each EP to protect data traffic.

  To this end, when a Protection-Capability AVP with either
  L2_PROTECTION or IPSEC_PROTECTION in the AVP payload is carried in a
  PANA-Bind-Request message and if there is an EP that has a different
  device identifier than that of the PAA, one or more EP-Device-Id AVPs
  MUST also be carried in the PANA-Bind-Request message.  In this
  case, if one EP has the same device identifier as the PAA, an
  EP-Device-Id AVP that contains the device identifier of the
  EP (i.e., the PAA) MUST also be included in the PANA-Bind-Request."

Add the following item in Section 4.1.1:

  "o  EP-Device-Id AVP: contains the device identifier of an EP."

Add the following item in Section 4.1.5:

  "*  List of device identifiers of EPs."

Change the PANA-Bind-Request ABNF in section 9.3.6 to:

"        PANA-Bind-Request ::= < PANA-Header: 4, REQ >
                       < Session-Id >
                       < Device-Id >
                       { EAP-Payload }
                       { Result-Code }
                       [ Session-Lifetime ]
                       [ Protection-Capability ]
                    *  [ EP-Device-Id ]
                    *  [ AVP ]
                   0*1 < MAC >"

Add the following section:

"9.4.15 EP-Device-Id AVP
                                                                                
   The EP-Device-Id AVP (AVP Code: 1038) contains the device
   identifier of an EP.  The payload format of the EP-Device-Id AVP is
   the same as that of the Device-Id AVP (see Section 9.4.3)."

Update the AVP occurrence table in Section 9.5 to:

"
                          +-----------------------------------------+
                          |        Message                          |
                          |          Type                           |
                          +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
      Attribute Name      | PSR | PSA | PAR | PAN | PBR | PBA | PDI |
      --------------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
      Result-Code         |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  1  |  0  |  0  |
      Session-Id          |  0  |  0  |  1  |  1  |  1  |  1  |  0  |
      Termination-Cause   |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      EAP-Payload         |  0  |  0  |  1  |  1  |  1  |  0  |  0  |
      MAC                 |  0  |  0  | 0-1 | 0-1 | 0-1 | 0-1 |  0  |
      Device-Id           |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  1+ |  1+ | 0-1 |
      Cookie              | 0-1 | 0-1 |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      Protection-Cap.     |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  | 0-1 |  0  |  0  |
      Session-Lifetime    |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  | 0-1 |  0  |  0  |
      Failed-AVP          |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      ISP-Information     |  0+ | 0-1 | 0-1 |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      NAP-Information     | 0-1 |  0  | 0-1 |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      EP-Device-Id        |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0+ |  0  |  0  |
      --------------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+

                          +-------------------------------+
                          |      Message                  |
                          |       Type                    |
                          +------+------+-----+-----+-----+
      Attribute Name      | PRAR | PRAA | PTR | PTA | PER |
      --------------------+------+------+-----+-----+-----+
      Result-Code         |  0   |  0   |  0  |  0  |  1  |
      Session-Id          |  1   |  1   |  1  |  1  |  1  |
      Termination-Cause   |  0   |  0   |  1  |  0  |  0  |
      EAP-Payload         | 0-1  | 0-1  |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      MAC                 | 0-1  | 0-1  | 0-1 | 0-1 | 0-1 |
      Device-Id           |  1+  |  1+  |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      Cookie              |  0   |  0   |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      Protection-Cap.     |  0   |  0   |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      Session-Lifetime    |  0   |  0   |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      Failed-AVP          |  0   |  0   |  0  |  0  |  1  |
      ISP-Information     |  0   |  0   |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      NAP-Information     |  0   |  0   |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      EP-Device-Id        |  0   |  0   |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      --------------------+------+------+-----+-----+-----+
"

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana