Subject: [Pana] Issue34: Behaviour with NAP and ISP (two EAP authentications)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:26:28 -0800

In the IETF58 PANA meeting, the following resolution was proposed:

-A single Session-Lifetime is bound to a PANA session

-When  NAP and ISP have different authorization lifetimes, the smaller one
relates to the Session-Lifetime

-When EAP re-authentication occurs, both NAP and ISP authentications will
be performed.

I would like to propose the following text to be added at the end of
section 4.9:

"When separate EAP authentications are performed for ISP and NAP in a
single PANA session, it is possible that different authorization lifetime
values are associated with the two authentications. In this case, the
smaller authorization lifetime value MUST be used for calculating the PANA
Session-Lifetime value. As a result, when EAP-based re-authentication
occurs, both NAP and ISP authentications will be performed in the same
re-authentication procedure."

The issue is described in
http://www.danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue34.

Comments are appreciated.

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:41:52 -0800

> Comments are appreciated.

This makes sense to me.

Alper

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:41:52 -0800

This makes sense to me.

Alper