Subject: [Pana] Issue16: Multihoming support

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 17:52:21 -0800

The issue is related to PaC that has multiple interfaces on the same IP
link.

In the IETF58 meeting, a resolution was proposed for multihomed host to use
separate PANA session for each interface.  Here is the proposed text for
the PANA draft:

In Section 2, Change:

"  PANA Session:
      PANA session is defined as the exchange of messages between the
      PANA Client (PaC) and the PANA Authentication Agent (PAA) to
      authenticate a user (PaC) for network access. If the
      authentication is unsuccessful, the session is terminated. The
      session is considered as active until there is a disconnect
      indication by the PaC or the PAA terminates it."

To:

"  PANA Session:
      PANA session is defined as the exchange of messages between the PANA
      Client (PaC) and the PANA Authentication Agent (PAA) to authenticate
      a user (PaC) for network access. If the authentication is
      unsuccessful, the session is terminated. The session is considered as
      active until there is a disconnect indication by the PaC or the PAA
      terminates it. A distinct PANA session is associated with a pair of
      device identifiers of PaC and PAA. For example, if the PaC has two
      interfaces connected to the same IP link with different IP addresses
      and IP address is used as a device identifer, a distinct PANA session
      will be created per interface if both interfaces addresses need to be
      authorized for network access."

Issue16 can be found at:
http://www.danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue16

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana