Subject: [Pana] Issue36: Reauthentication race condition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:26:45 -0800

Issue: It is possible for both PaC and PAA to simultaneously initiate EAP
(re)authentication. How can PANA handle the case?

Proposed resolution presented in the IETF58 meeting:
  PAA is always the winner.

Based on the proposed resolution, I have the following text to be included
at the end of section 4.1:

"It is possible that both PAA and PaC initiate the discovery and initial
handshake procedure at the same time, i.e., PAA sends a PANA-Start-Request
message while PaC sends a PANA-PAA-Discover message.
To resolve the race condition, PAA SHOULD silently discard the
PANA-PAA-Discover message received from the PaC after it has sent a
PANA-Start-Request message with creating a state for the PaC."

The issue is described in
http://www.danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue36

Any comments?

Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana