Subject: [Pana] comments on pana-03a

From: Julien Bournelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:17:46 +0100

hi,

 I have a few questions/comments regarding the draft pana-03a:

-1- The PAA set the S-flag if we want to do ISP and NAP authentication
and the PaC set the S-flag if it is ok. But what do we do if pac does
not set the S-FLag ?

-2- In the outline, 4.2 is "Discovery and Initial handshake" 4.3 is
"Authentication phase when PANA-PAA-Discover is sent by EP" 4.4 is
"Re-authentication" so we may have the impression that the case where
the PANA-PAA-Discover is sent by the pac is not considered. 

Maybe we could just rename 4.3 with "Authentication Phase".

-3- Correct me if I'm wrong but I guess the draft CMS Application
Diameter is no longer supported by AAA wg 
and
draft-aboba-pppext-key-problem-07  is now 
draft-ietf-eap-keying-01.txt

-4- The PAA can indicate that IPsec is supported by the Protection
Capability AVP sent in the PANA-Bind-Request. 
As the pac can not indicate if it support it, the PAA is going to
configure the EP for enabling IPsec (cf draft-ietf-pana-ipsec-01.txt). 
As such, EP will set up its SPD and will
accept only ipsec traffic.

SO finally, when PAA sets the protection capability with IPsec protection
it implicitely requires that pac MUST support IPsec to access network.

I wonder if it is what we want.

what do you think ? (Am I missing ?)

-- 
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana