Subject: [Pana] SESS_RESUM in state machine

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:48:20 -0800

In the PAA state machine, there is a variable SESS_RESUM and 
there is a transition from OFFLINE to WAIT_REAUTH_ANS with an action 
"Tx: PANA-Reauth-Request".  

However, I was not able to found the text in the base specification to
allow this transition.  When the PAA is in OFFLINE state, it means the
session is deleted and there is no PANA SA.  So it is not possible for
the PAA in OFFLINE state to send a PANA-Reauth-Request with a MAC AVP.

I think this transition should be removed and thus SESS_RESUM is not
necessary.

The same thing applies to the PaC state machine.  There is a
transition from WAIT_PAA to OPEN with an action "Tx:
PANA-Reauth-Answer".  I think this should not be allowed for the same
reason.

To summarize: PANA-Reauth-Request/Answer exchange should occur only in
OPEN state for both PaC and PAA.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana