Subject: [Pana] issue 28 (state machine)

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:43:13 -0800

I have non-technical questions about PANA state machines.

- Should it be included in the PANA specification draft or described
in a separate draft?

- What is the format of the diagrams, complex ascii-art, a table of
(state, condition/event, action, next state) tuples in ascii text, or
having a PostScript (or PDF) versions of draft to include diagrams in
picture image?  In the third alternative, text version of draft will
only have text descriptions about state variables, interface variables
and state transition conditions, like the current EAP state machine
draft does.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: "Victor Fajardo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:01:01 -0500

>From an implementation perspective, the PANA state machine might merit
inclusion into the draft itself because it provides a more concise/complete
depiction of states and message exchanges for all events than the sample
scenario of Section 4.6 of the draft.

> and state transition conditions, like the current EAP state machine

I think your second proposal is best, an ascii state table (with state,
condition/event, action, next state) similar to Sec. 8.1, 8.2 etc. of the
diameter RFC (rfc3588). A text diagram (or other formats) would be more
complex to introduce and would have provided the same amount of information.

-- victor fajardo

---

From: "Victor Fajardo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:01:01 -0500

-- victor fajardo