Subject: Re: [Pana] issue 28 (state machine)

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:15:53 -0500

> I have non-technical questions about PANA state machines.
>
> - Should it be included in the PANA specification draft or described
> in a separate draft?

>From an implementation perspective, the PANA state machine might merit
inclusion into the draft itself because it provides a more concise/complete
depiction of states and message exchanges for all events than the sample
scenario of Section 4.6 of the draft.

>
> - What is the format of the diagrams, complex ascii-art, a table of
> (state, condition/event, action, next state) tuples in ascii text, or
> having a PostScript (or PDF) versions of draft to include diagrams in
> picture image?  In the third alternative, text version of draft will
> only have text descriptions about state variables, interface variables
> and state transition conditions, like the current EAP state machine
> draft does.

I think your second proposal is best, an ascii state table (with state,
condition/event, action, next state) similar to Sec. 8.1, 8.2 etc. of the
diameter RFC (rfc3588). A text diagram (or other formats) would be more
complex to introduce and would have provided the same amount of information.

-- victor fajardo

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://mail2web.com/ .

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:47:53 -0800

OK.  I'll try to create an ascii state table, and let's see how the
table will look like.

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:47:53 -0800

Yoshihiro Ohba