Subject: [Pana] EAP-Payload in PANA-Start-Request/Answer

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:13:28 -0800

I think the following discussion does not appear on the issue list:

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/pana/current/msg00122.html

Here is the suggested change.

In section 4.1, add:

"When a Cookie-AVP is carried in a PANA-Start-Request message, the
initial EAP Request MUST NOT be carried in the PANA-Start-Request
message in order for the PAA to be stateless.

When a Cookie-AVP is not carried in a PANA-Start-Request message,
the PAA does not need to be stateless.  In this case, the initial EAP
Request message MAY be carried in the PANA-Start-Request message.

If the initial EAP Request message is carried in the
PANA-Start-Request message, an EAP Response message MUST be carried in
the PANA-Start-Answer message returned to the PAA.

In any case, PANA MUST NOT generate an EAP message on behalf of EAP
peer or EAP (pass-through) authenticator."

In section 9.3.3, change:

"        PANA-Start-Request ::= < PANA-Header: 2, REQ [SEP] >
                       [ Cookie ]
                       [ NAP-Information ]
                    *  [ ISP-Information ]
                    *  [ AVP ]"

to:

"        PANA-Start-Request ::= < PANA-Header: 2, REQ [SEP] >
                       [ Cookie ]
                       [ EAP-Payload ]
                       [ NAP-Information ]
                    *  [ ISP-Information ]
                    *  [ AVP ]"

In section 9.3.4, change:

"        PANA-Start-Answer ::= < PANA-Header: 2 [SEP] >
                       [ Cookie ]
                       [ ISP-Information ]
                    *  [ AVP ]"

To:

"        PANA-Start-Answer ::= < PANA-Header: 2 [SEP] >
                       [ Cookie ]
                       [ EAP-Payload ]
                       [ ISP-Information ]
                    *  [ AVP ]"

In section 9.5, change:

"                         +-----------------------------------------+
                          |        Message                          |
                          |          Type                           |
                          +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
      Attribute Name      | PSR | PSA | PAR | PAN | PBR | PBA | PDI |
      --------------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
      Result-Code         |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  1  |  0  |  0  |
      Session-Id          |  0  |  0  |  1  |  1  |  1  |  1  |  0  |
      Termination-Cause   |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      EAP-Payload         |  0  |  0  |  1  |  1  |  1  |  0  |  0  |"

to:

"                         +-----------------------------------------+
                          |        Message                          |
                          |          Type                           |
                          +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
      Attribute Name      | PSR | PSA | PAR | PAN | PBR | PBA | PDI |
      --------------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
      Result-Code         |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  1  |  0  |  0  |
      Session-Id          |  0  |  0  |  1  |  1  |  1  |  1  |  0  |
      Termination-Cause   |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |
      EAP-Payload         | 0-1 | 0-1 |  1  |  1  |  1  |  0  |  0  |"

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:21:20 +0200

Thanks Yoshi,

It's now on the issue tracker:
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue44

I agree on the proposed text.

Br,
- Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On 
> Behalf Of ext Yoshihiro Ohba
> Sent: 15 January, 2004 22:13
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pana] EAP-Payload in PANA-Start-Request/Answer
> 
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:21:20 +0200

Thanks Yoshi,

Br,
- Dan