Subject: [Pana] [Pana]: POPA configuration

From: Goeman Stefan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:09:35 +0100

Hello All,

I am reading draft-ohba-pana-framwork-00.txt. Section 5 is about IP address
configuration. There is something I do not understand very well. It is about
POPA (Post-Pana Address) configuration. The second bullet point, on page 12
of the draft mentions:
"If the network uses IPsec for protecting the traffic on the link subsequent
to PANA authentication, PaC may use the address configuration methods
available within [RFC2409] or [I-D.ietf-ipsec-ikev2] or it may also use the
mechanism described in [RFC3456]. ..."

- The mechanism based on RFC 3456 I understand.
- With IKEv2, I think I understand it. You can send informational messages,
protected by the IKE_SA, which include the configuration payload. The
configuration payload can be used to request an IP-address.

- However, I have no idea how it could be done by using IKE [RFC2409]. Can
somebody explain this?

Greetings,
Stefan. 

Stefan Goeman 
SIEMENS ICM/ICN 
[email-masked]  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
	
Mobile Solutions 
and Enabling Services
http://www.ic.siemens.be <http://www.ic.siemens.be/eng/default_rd.shtm>

Customer driven solution providers