Subject: [Pana] NEW: [issue72] Capability discovery during PAA discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:02:32 +0200

From Alper..

New submission from Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]>:

Currently capability discovery is not accomplished until the end of
EAP authentication. Copying some bits, such as POPA types and
per-packet protection capability, to PAA discovery may be useful for
discovering capability mismatch early on.

----------
category: Technical
document: draft-ietf-pana-pana-xx.txt
messages: 243
nosy: dforsber
priority: Should Fix
status: Pending
title: Capability discovery during PAA discovery
__________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
<http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue72>
__________________________________________________
=�ڙ���x%��Ojv�z��m��?�0�'�~���f��f��X��)ߣ�Z�

---

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:54:02 -0800

> discovering capability mismatch early on.
So, there are two issues here.

1) Adding some capability AVPs to PANA-start-request message.
2) Enabling verification later on to compensate for the lack of security in
    the discovery phase (i guess when the Pana-bind-request message is
    received)

Is that right ?

I can see it being useful in general, but how useful it is to know early on the
POPA type and per-protection capabilities ?

-thanks
mohan

> =ڙx%Ojvˢz m? 0 '~ ffX) Z

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:54:02 -0800

Is that right ?

-thanks
mohan