Subject: [Pana] issue 53 (proposed text)

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:43:27 -0800

Here is the proposed text for issue 53 (Additional discovery
information):

- Append the following paragraph to section 4.9 (Mobility Handling):

"If PAA has multiple interfaces connected to different IP links and PaC
changes its attached network from one IP link to another among the IP
links of the PAA, the DiameterIdentity part of the Session-Id
contained in the PANA-Start-Answer message will be the same as that of
the PAA.  In this case, the PAA can share the PANA session attributes
of the PaC for the previous and new IP links, without using an
external communication mechanism to retrieve the attributes."

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 03:46:34 -0800

Yoshi,

> external communication mechanism to retrieve the attributes."

Actually it is not guaranteed that the DiameterIdentity would be the
same. There might be separate Diameter instances running for each
interface.

Also, even if they are not the same, that doesn't matter. I think the
point you are making is when the PAA node doesn't change, we don't need
to run a protocol to retrieve PANA attributes from. (I think this is
clear reading the current text, but I'm fine with an explicit text too).

Alper

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 03:46:34 -0800

Yoshi,

Alper

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:41:44 -0800

> same. There might be separate Diameter instances running for each

OK.

> clear reading the current text, but I'm fine with an explicit text too).

I prefer having an explicit text on this.  How about the following
text?

"If PAA has multiple interfaces connected to different IP links and
PaC changes its attached network from one IP link to another among the
IP links of the PAA, the DiameterIdentity part of the Session-Id
contained in the PANA-Start-Answer message will match one of the
DiameterIdentity value(s) of the PAA.  In this case, the PAA can share
the PANA session attributes of the PaC for the previous and new IP
links, without using an external communication mechanism to retrieve
the attributes."

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:41:44 -0800

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:46:34AM -0800, Alper Yegin wrote:
> PaC

OK.

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:47:30 -0800

> links, without using an external communication mechanism to retrieve

That looks good.

Alper

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:47:30 -0800

That looks good.

Alper