Subject: [Pana] issue64: Two separate codes for Session ID AVP

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 04:28:57 -0800

Based on the proposed solution to this issue, here is the proposed text
change.

Change from:

9.4.3 Session-Id AVP

   Session-Id AVP (Code 1026) has an opaque data field, which is
   assigned by the PAA. All messages pertaining to a specific PANA
   Session MUST include only one Session-Id AVP and the same value MUST
   be used throughout the lifetime of a session.  When present, the
   Session-Id SHOULD appear immediately following the PANA header.

   The Session-Id MUST be globally and eternally unique, as it is meant
   to identify a PANA Session without reference to any other
   information, and may be needed to correlate historical authentication
   information with accounting information.

   The Session-Id AVP MAY use Diameter [RFC3588] message formatting. In
   this case the AVP code is 263.

To:

9.4.3 Session-Id AVP

   All messages pertaining to a specific PANA session MUST include a 
   Session-Id AVP (Code 1026) which carries a PAA-assigned fix value 
   throughout the lifetime of a session. When present, the Session-Id
SHOULD 
   appear immediately following the PANA header. 

   The Session-Id MUST be globally and eternally unique, as it is meant
to 
   identify a PANA Session without reference to any other information,
and 
   may be needed to correlate historical authentication information with

   accounting information. The PANA Session-Id AVP has the same format
as 
   the Diameter Session-Id AVP [RFC3588].

Comments welcome.

Alper

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:44:23 -0800

>    the Diameter Session-Id AVP [RFC3588].

I agree on the proposed text, and I think that the last sentence also
serves as a part of resolution for issue 53 (additional discovery
information).  

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:44:23 -0800

Yoshihiro Ohba