Subject: Re: [Pana] NEW: [issue61] PANA SA definition

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:14:53 -0700

With some changes:

PANA Security Association:

The relationship between the PaC and PAA, formed by the sharing of
cryptographic keying material and associated context (e.g., device
identifiers) at the end of a successful authentication.  Security
associations are duplex.  That is, one security association is needed to
protect the bidirectional PANA signaling between the PaC and the PAA.

Alper

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 09:08:35AM +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
(B> New submission from Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]>:
(B> 
(B> PANA Security Association:
(B> 
(B>       The representation of the trust relation between the PaC and
the
(B>       PAA that is created at the end of the authentication phase.
This
(B>       security association includes the device identifier of the
peer,
(B>       and a shared key when available.
(B> 
(B> JARI: (Technical) Hmmm.... this seems to omit some things, like
(B>       cryptographic context. Why would a shared key not be
available?
(B>       Until it is available, you don't have an SA, right? Here's
(B>       another cut at this definition: "A PANA security association
is
(B>       a relationship between the PaC and PAA, formed by the sharing
of
(B>       cryptographic keying material and associated context.
Security
(B>       associations are duplex.  That is, one security association
is
(B>       needed to protect the bidirectional traffic between the PaC
and
(B>       the PAAA."
(B
(BI agree on the suggested change.
(B
(BYoshihiro Ohba
(B

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:14:53 -0700

With some changes:

Alper