Subject: [Pana] [issue28] PaC and PAA state machines

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:18:35 -0700

I'd like to propose we have a separate I-D for the PaC-PAA state
machines.

I think a state machine is very valuable for verifying the protocol
design, and also for guiding implementers. So, I'm for having one and
documenting it somewhere. But it doesn't have to be within the base
protocol specification document. Currently the state machine occupies 20
pages out of 85 in the pana snapshot 4b:

http://www.toshiba.com/tari/pana/draft-ietf-pana-pana-04b.txt

Aside from keeping the base specification concise, a separate I-D
(eventually an informational RFC) will help the base pana specification
move faster.

Thoughts?

Alper 

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana