Subject: [Pana] New Issue 77: Protocol and framework draft overlapping

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:02:29 -0700

>From Alper Yegin:
---------------------
The following sections on the PANA protocol draft are already covered by
the 
PANA framework draft:

   6. Authentication Method Choice 
   7. Filter Rule Installation 
   8. Data Traffic Protection

These sections should be at least scaled down, and if possible removed
from the protocol draft.

Alper

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:29:33 -0700

> From Alper Yegin:

I agree.  How about removing those sections and adding a short
statement in Introduction section of the pana protocol draft with a
reference to the framework document?

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:29:33 -0700

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:59:21 -0700

> reference to the framework document?

Makes sense to me.

Alper

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:59:21 -0700

Makes sense to me.

Alper

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:09:06 -0700

Here is a candidate text to be added in Introduction section:

"There are components that are part of a complete secure network
solution but are not specified in the PANA protocol, including IP
address configuration, authentication method choice, filter rule
installation, data traffic protection and PAA-EP protocol.  These
components are described in separate documents [PANA-FRAMEWORK],
[PANA-SNMP]."

[PANA-FRAMEWORK] P. Jayaraman, et al., "PANA Framework,"
draft-ietf-pana-framework-00, work in progress (This is currently
draft-ohba-pana-framework-00).

[PANA-SNMP] Y. El Mghazli, et al., "SNMP usage for PAA-2-EP
interface", draft-ietf-pana-snmp-01.txt, work in progress.

Comments?

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:09:06 -0700

Comments?

Yoshihiro Ohba