Subject: [Pana] [issue95] Meaning of "secure network"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:44:18 +0300

New submission from Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]>:

> From Pasi Eronen:
> It should be clarified what exactly is meant when it's said that
> a network is already "secure" before PANA is run. E.g. it seems
> that such networks should have reasonably reliable disconnect
> indications? What about ppreventing IP address spoofing?

Alper Yegin:
Yes, we should briefly expand that. Spoofing and eavesdropping should be
prevented. Disconnect indication is needed unless the lower-layer
security is based on a crypto scheme. IP address spoofing is not needed.
[a new issue for the tracker].

----------
category: Editorial
document: draft-ietf-pana-pana-04.txt
messages: 322
nosy: dforsber
priority: Must Fix
status: Pending
title: Meaning of "secure network"
__________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
<http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue95>
__________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana