Subject: [Pana] [issue94] Chapter 9 editorial work

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:42:36 +0300

New submission from Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]>:

> From Pasi Eronen:
> Section 9: Overall, this section is quite heavy reading, and
> it's not clear that someone not very familiar with PANA, EAP,
> etc. can actually get a very accurate picture of the relevant
> security properties of PANA. So this section would certainly
> benefit from some editorial work.

Alper:
I agree [hence, a new issue for the tracker].

> 
> Part a (discovery message exchange) should probably explain that
> if including Protection-Capability and PPAC AVPs in PSR is not
> recommended, why are they allowed at all (especially since it
> seems the client won't actually need the information until PBR
> anyway).

The recommendation is for networks that are susceptible to spoofing.
Other types (e.g., physically secured networks) can use them.

> This section should also mention that any information in PANA
> messages before PBR/PBA (such as ISP-Information) can be
> spoofed, and the implications of that. 

OK.

----------
category: Editorial
document: draft-ietf-pana-pana-04.txt
messages: 321
nosy: dforsber
priority: Should Fix
status: Pending
title: Chapter 9 editorial work
__________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
<http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue94>
__________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:34:10 +0300

Alper:

OK.

----------
category: Editorial