Subject: [Pana] PANA threats Issue 89

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:40:22 -0700

Hi,

Following is the clarification text for Issue 89:

Change the following text FROM:

         All the PaCs may be authenticated to the access network at  
          layer 2 (e.g., 3GPP2 CDMA network) and share a security  
          association with layer 2 authentication agent (e.g., 802.11  
          [IEEE-802.11] Access point), but still do not trust each  
          other.  

TO:

         All the PaCs may be authenticated to the access network at  
          layer 2 (e.g., 3GPP2 CDMA network) and share a security  
          association with layer 2 authentication agent (e.g., 802.11  
          [IEEE-802.11] Access point). The PaCs still don't trust each
          other i.e., any PaC can pretend to be PAA, spoof
          IP addresses and launch various other attacks.

Comments ?

-mohan

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:38:23 -0700

>           IP addresses and launch various other attacks.

I think we should align the examples in the text, such as "(e.g., 3GPP2
cdma2000 network)" and "(e.g., base transceiver subsystem - BTS)".

Alper