Subject: [Pana] RFC 6345 errata

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 22:50:02 +0900

My colleague Tanaka-san found out a potential error in RFC 6345 (PANA
relay).

The following paragraph in Section 2:

"
When the PRE receives the PRY message, it retrieves the PAA-
originated PANA message from the Relayed-Message AVP and the PaC's
IP address and UDP port number from and PaC-Information AVPs.  The
PAA-originated PANA message is sent to the PaC's IP address with
the source UDP port number set to the PANA port number (716) and
the destination UDP port number set to the UDP port number contained
in the Relayed-Message AVP.
"

should read:

"
When the PRE receives the PRY message, it retrieves the PAA-
originated PANA message from the Relayed-Message AVP and the PaC's
IP address and UDP port number from and PaC-Information AVPs.  The
PAA-originated PANA message is sent to the PaC's IP address with
the source UDP port number set to the PANA port number (716) and
the destination UDP port number set to the UDP port number contained
in the PaC-Information AVP.
"

(s/Relayed-Message/PaC-Information/ in the last sentence.)

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:54:27 +0300

Thanks for catching this.
I confirm it is a bug and your fix handles it.

Alper

On Oct 13, 2011, at 4:50 PM, Yoshihiro Ohba wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Pana mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:17:47 +0900

> I confirm it is a bug and your fix handles it.

OK.  I will submit errata on this.

How about a potential typo(?) on RFC 5191 that I submitted a couple of
months ago for RFC 5191?

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pana/current/msg03473.html

"
There is inconsistency about Key-Id data type as follows:

In Section 5.3, "The Key-Id AVP is of type Unsigned32 ..."

In Section 8.4, "The Key-Id AVP (AVP Code 4) is of type Integer32 ..."

The text in Section 8.4 seems incorrect, and should be corrected to:
"The Key-Id AVP (AVP Code 4) is of type Unsigned32 ..."
"

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:02:38 +0300

that one makes sense too.

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:28:39 +0900

OK, I will submit errata on this as well.

Yoshihiro Ohba