Subject: [Pce] PCE BOF/WG Update

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:53:50 -0000

Hi,

Since some of you have been asking, I thought you might all appreciate an
update on the status.

JP and I have been working with Alex and Bill to tidy up the proposed
charter and this is now looking pretty good. We have had initial feed-back
from various members of the IESG and this has led to some more
fine-tuning.

The revised charter will be taken to the next IESG telechat for
(dis)approval and we can expect to know a decision shortly after that.

Adrian

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: Rajeev Manur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:01:17 -0800 (PST)

All:
 
Can someone clarify if this PCE work group scope involves GMPLS only OR this is also relevant and applies to regular psn based MPLSTE? Thanks
 
with regards,
Rajeev

Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]> wrote:
Hi,

Adrian

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
 Send holiday email and support a worthy cause. Do good.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:56:48 -0000

Rajeev,

> Can someone clarify if this PCE work group scope involves GMPLS only OR
this is also relevant and applies to regular psn based MPLSTE? Thanks

With pleasure.

PCE applies to MPLS-TE and GMPLS controlled networks of PSN and non-PSN
capabilities. The current proposed charter begins with the words:

    The PCE Working Group is chartered to specify a Path Computation
    Element (PCE) based architecture for the computation of paths for MPLS
    and GMPLS Traffic Engineering LSPs

[In case there should be any lack of clarity: GMPLS is a control plane
technology suitable for the control of PSN.]

Cheers,
Adrian