Subject: [Pce] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-01.txt

From: "Ash, Gerald R \(Jerry\), ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 16:44:37 -0500

Hi All,

Please review and comment on "PCE Communication Protocol Generic
Requirements"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs
-01.txt.  

The draft incorporates comments made in the exchanges on the list and
Adrian's and JP's comments to the authors.

Please review and comment.  

Thanks,
Regards,
Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 3:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: PCE Communication Protocol Generic
Requirements
	Author(s)	: J. Ash, J.L. Le Roux
	Filename	: draft-ash-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-5-3
	
Constraint-based path computation is a fundamental building block for
   traffic engineering systems such as multiprotocol label switching
   (MPLS) and generalized multiprotocol label switching (GMPLS)
   networks.  Path computation in large, multi-domain or multi-layer
   networks is highly complex and may require special computational
   components and cooperation between the different network domains.

   There are multiple components in the Path Computation Element (PCE)-
   based path computation model, including PCE discovery and the PCE
   communication protocol.  The PCE model is described in the "PCE
   Architecture" document and facilitates path computation requests from
   Path Computation Clients (PCCs) to PCEs.  This document specifies
   generic requirements for a communication protocol between PCCs and
   PCEs, and between PCEs where cooperation between PCEs is desirable.
   Subsequent documents will specify application-specific requirements
   for the PCE communication protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs
-01.txt

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce