Subject: [Pce] New revision of PCEP protocol published

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:54:28 -0400

Hi,

FYI, a new revision of the PCEP protocol has been published: http:// 
www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-pce-pcep-01.txt

Main changes compared to the previous revision:

1) Support of Multiple requests per PCReq message, multiple set of  
computed paths per PCRep message, multiple notifications per PCNtf  
message, multiple Errors per PCErr message => Thus, object ordering  
is now required.
2) Several sections were re-written, text added/removed, ... for the  
sake of clarity.
3) Various errors fixed,
4) Change in the rules specifying whether some objects are required  
or optional in various PCEP message
5) New objects added: ENCAP (to carry other protocol's objects, when  
relevant), NO-PATH object (used in negative reply)
6) New section added that provides an "overall protocol  
architecture" (Protocol Model - RFC 4101)
7) New section related to Security
8) New section related to Manageability

The comments received from Adrian Farrel, Jerry Ash, Igor Bryskin  
have been incorporated.

Any comment is as usual very welcome.

JP.

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce