Subject: [Pce] Requirement for less-constrained path in draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-00.txt

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:54:25 -0400

Hi,

Quick question ... I do not see any requirement to get less- 
constrained TE LSP path in draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-00.txt.
In most of the cases, when configuring a TE LSP with specific  
attributes, one of the most challenging part consists of determining  
the attributes values which will not result in the inability to find  
a path in some circumstances (such as network element failures). The  
typical case is the bandwidth. The first approach is to try to  
compute the "closest" solutions. Another approach relies on the  
configuration of multiple set of attributes:
1) The preferred set of attributes
2) One or more less-preferred set of attributes
3) Un-constrained TE LSP

When a PCE is used for TE LSP path computation, it looks to me that  
it could be quite useful to be able to specify interest in less- 
constrained path rather than potentially have to configure a set of  
attributes (less optimal) which would result in several rounds of PCC/ 
PCE communication.

Isn't it a requirement that should be listed in draft-ietf-pce-comm- 
protocol-gen-reqs-00.txt?

Thanks.

JP.

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce