Subject: [Pce] Applications Area assistance in PCE working group

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:12:54 +0100

Hi,

The PCE working group (http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pce-charter.html)
has developed a set of requirements for a protocol that will be used to
request path computations and provide responses. The requirements are
essentially for a client/server request/response protocol with specific
(but not alarming) characteristics.

We know that the Applications Area has a little experience with
client/server protocols and we would appreciate some consultation from you
or from someone you can nominate (do you have an Applications Area
Directorate?). Can you please say whether you know of an existing protocol
that closely matches our requirements.

Our Architecture is draft-ietf-pce-architecture-01.txt  This is pretty
cooked.
The protocol requirements are in
draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-01.txt and are stable, but not
complete.

The PCE working group has some very tight deadlines on this work, so we
would appreciate feedback and suggestions by the end of August. Comments
back to the chairs or direct to the PCE mailing list.

Thanks for any help.

Adrian and JP (PCE chairs)

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: "Scott Hollenbeck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:38:29 -0400

I've sent a request for assistance to the apparea discuss list.  Hopefully
someone will be able to help.

-Scott-

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Adrian Farrel [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:13 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; 'Jean Philippe Vasseur'; [email-masked]; Bill Fenner
> Subject: Applications Area assistance in PCE working group
> 
> Hi,
> 
> The PCE working group 
> (http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pce-charter.html)