Subject: [Pce] Choosing the PCE protocol

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:27:13 +0100

Hi,

Three candidate protocols have been brought to my attention for us to
consider. These are (in no specific order):
- HTTP
- PCECP (as draft-vasseur-pce-pcep-02.txt)
- COPS

I would like to close the nomination period, and move on to select our
protocol.

The best approach will be if supporters of the candidate protocols
indicate (briefly) why their proposed protocol is suitable. It would also
be helpful if they were frank about what the weaknesses of their proposal
are.

And please - this is not an election, it is an interview process.

Thanks,
Adrian

PS The reason why JP is keeping quite on this is that he is an author of
draft-vasseur-pce-pcep-02.txt and so (quite rightly) is not occupying the
chair during this discussion.

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:03:49 +0100

All,

I should have been more careful with my acronyms.

PCECP is the generic protocol. In other words, what the requirements
describe. The job vacancy we are trying to fill.

PCEP is JP's (and others) proposed solution.

Cheers,
Adrian