Subject: [Pce] Comments requested on section 6.1.15 draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-01.txt

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:01:36 -0400

Hi,

The DT is currently working hard to address the remaining issues  
related to draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-01.txt with the  
objective to start a WG last call right after the publication of this  
next revision. There is in particular one section for which comments  
are very welcome: section 6.1.15 (Scalability).

Some of you asked for "indicative boundary numbers".

Considering the lack of deployments at that point, I personally think  
that providing numbers is a bit hazardous but we could I guess come  
up with rough estimates of what such numbers should be, based on our  
current set of expectations, while stressing the fact that PCE  
protocols should be designed for greater scalability. Thus such  
numbers should be interpreted as "minimum values" (to be spelled out  
in the document).

At this point, the following metrics have been proposed:

    (1) number of PCCs
    (2) number of PCEs
    (3) number of PCCs communicating with a single PCE
    (4) number of PCEs communicated to by a single PCC
    (5) number of PCEs communicated to by another PCE
    (6) number of domains
    (7) number of path requests per unit of time
    (8) handling bursts of requests per unit of time

I would suggest to remove (1), (2) and (6) as they are not related to  
the PCEP (thus out of the scope of this requirement document).

Please let us know if you have any comment or disagreement with this  
approach (preferably by Sept 23th).

Thanks.

JP.

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce