Subject: [Pce] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-dolganow-pce-cost-object-00.txt

From: "Andrew Dolganow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:32:39 -0400

All,

Please find attach the new draft proposing a cost object to accumulate
TE-LSP path cost. As per the below abstract, the draft proposes changes to
PCEP and RSVP. A single draft has been created to focus initial technical
discussions around the single point of reference. It is the intend of the
authors to split the draft later on into 2 separate drafts (as marked in the
draft). Section 8 of the document list future work items intended to be
handled by the authors as part of this technical topic.

Any comments are welcome. Please address those comments to the PCE WG list
for now, again to ensure that we have a single forum on which the
discussions take place, and so nobody accidentally misses on something.

Cheers,
Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dolganow-pce-cost-object-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: A new object to specify a Traffic Engineering (TE)
Label Switch Path (LSP) cost 
	Author(s)	: A. Dolganow, J. Vasseur
	Filename	: draft-dolganow-pce-cost-object-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2005-10-17
	
This document proposes a new object (named the COST object) used to specify
the cost of a Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Path (LSP). The COST
object can be carried within an RSVP message so as to record a TE LSP cost
during LSP establishment or within a Path Computation Element (PCE) path
computation protocol message so as to provide the cost of a computed path to
a Path Computation Client (PCC). 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dolganow-pce-cost-object-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type
"cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dolganow-pce-cost-object-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dolganow-pce-cost-object-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dolganow-pce-cost-object-00.txt
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce