Subject: [Pce] draft-oki-pce-inter-layer-req-00.txt

From: Eiji Oki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:23:37 +0900

Hi, 

The following draft has been submitted for discussion at the next IETF
meeting.

Title: PCC-PCE Communication Requirements for Inter-Layer Traffic
Engineering 
URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oki-pce-inter-layer-req-00.txt

Abstract: 
The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides functions of path 
computation in support of traffic engineering in Multi-Protocol Label 
Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks. 
    
MPLS and GMPLS networks may be constructed from layered service 
networks. It is advantageous for overall network efficiency to 
provide end-to-end traffic engineering across multiple network layers. 
PCE is a candidate solution for such requirements. 
    
Generic requirements for a communication protocol between Path 
Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs are presented in "PCE 
Communication Protocol Generic Requirements". This document 
complements the generic requirements and presents a detailed set of 
PCC-PCE communication protocol requirements for inter-layer traffic 
engineering. 

We would very much appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Thank you.
Eiji

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce