Subject: [Pce] Comment on draft-ietf-pce-pcecp-interarea-reqs-00.txt

From: Zhang Renhai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:03:36 +0800

Hi, Jean-Louis

 I have some comment on the draft draft-ietf-pce-pcecp-interarea-reqs-00.txt

 In section 7.11.1, In case of network failure, jittering will be used to avoid
simultaneous requests sent to one PCE. Could more consideration be given here to
the preemptment, becouse the jittering timeout is stochastic, some lower request
may be served before a higher request and the path may be calculated differently.
which may increase the probability of a preemptment.

 I have always been thinking a question: if a PCC will not perform the CSPF 
computation, why does it still maintain the TEDB any longer? which may consume 
a lot of memory and CPU of a LSR.This question dost not aid at this draft.

 In inter-area environment,sometimes, a PCC may wish to get as many paths as possible,
for all kinds of purpose,so could the PCC send the request to more than one PCEs? 

Regards,
Zhang 
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce