Subject: [Pce] Communication received from the OIF

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:16:44 -0000

Hi,

We have received the attached communication from the OIF. I am currently
checking with the IAB to see what the correct procedure should be.

Adrian

======

To: Adrian Farrel and J.P. Vasseur, IETF PCE WG Co-Chairs
From: Jim Jones, OIF TC Chair
Copy: Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner, IETF Routing Area Directors
Subject: Proposal to establish a liaison to IETF PCE WG

Dear Adrian and JP,

The OIF is interested in initiating a cooperative liaison with the PCE WG,
in the spirit of
fostering cooperation for achieving interoperability of intelligent
optical networks.

The mission of the Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) is to foster the
development and
deployment of interoperable products and services for data switching and
routing using optical
networking technologies.

To date OIF has had issued Interoperability Agreements (IAs) in the areas
of physical link layer
interoperability and network control plane interoperability. OIF has also
been successful with
multiple interoperability demonstrations using OIF IAs and ITU-T
Recommendations as the basis
for the interoperability demonstrations.

We would like to propose that Richard Bradford of Cisco act as liaison
between the two
organizations.

Best regards,
Jim Jones
OIF Technical Committee Chair

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce