Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PCE Communication Protocol Generic Requirements
	Author(s)	: J. Le Roux, J. Ash
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-05.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-5-19
	
The PCE model is described in the "PCE Architecture" document and
   facilitates path computation requests from Path Computation Clients
   (PCCs) to Path Computation Elements (PCEs).  This document specifies
   generic requirements for a communication protocol between PCCs and
   PCEs, and also between PCEs where cooperation between PCEs is
   desirable.  Subsequent documents will specify application-specific
   requirements for the PCE communication protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 08:57:04 +0200

folks, looking at this draft could editors tell us what they mean in 
section 6.1.16 by

"Note that the absence of a constraint in this list does not mean that
 the constraint must not be supported."

same comment for section 6.1.17

in 6.2.2 it is mentioned "PCECP messages MUST be able to carry transparent 

policy information." ... not sure to understand the role of the term 
"transparent"
in this sentence

thanks,
- d.

[email-masked]
19/05/2006 21:50
 
        To:     [email-masked]
        cc:     [email-masked]
        Subject:        [Pce] I-D 
ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of 
the IETF.

                 Title                           : PCE Communication 
Protocol Generic Requirements
                 Author(s)               : J. Le Roux, J. Ash
                 Filename                : 
draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-05.txt
                 Pages                           : 21
                 Date                            : 2006-5-19

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
                 "get draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-05.txt".

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:
                 "FILE 
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-05.txt".
 
NOTE:            The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
                 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use 
this
                 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the 
"FILE"
                 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need 
"munpack" or
                 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant 
mail readers
                 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
                 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been 
split
                 up into multiple messages), so check your local 
documentation on
                 how to manipulate these messages.

ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-comm-protocol-gen-reqs-05.txt