Subject: [Pce] Your communication about closer ties with the PCE Working Group

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:30:46 +0100

To: Jim Jones, OIF TC Chair
From: Adrian Farrel and JP Vasseur, IETF PCE Co-Chairs
Cc: Bill Fenner and Ross Callon, IETF Routing Area Directors
Subject: Your communication about closer ties with the PCE Working Group

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your interest in the work of the PCE working group and for
expressing an interest in cooperation between your Forum and the working
group. Many apologies for the delay in responding that is largely caused
by my pressure of work and hardware failures.

The PCE working group is still at a relatively early stage, and while it
has specified an architecture and some protocol requirements its protocols
are as yet immature. We feel, therefore, that it would be premature to
instigate a liaison relationship to develop interoperable products and
services.

However, we would very much appreciate the opinions of all participants in
the OIF with regard to our work.

The latest versions of our Internet-Drafts can be found at the PCE working
group charter page http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pce-charter.html and
can be downloaded without charge simply by clicking on the links.

Opinions and questions on the work are welcomed on the PCE mailing list.
The mailing list is open to everyone without charge or membership
requirements. Instructions for signing up to the mailing list can be found
on the charter page.

Best regards,
Adrian Farrel and JP Vasseur
IETF PCE Working Group Co-Chairs

> ======
>
> To: Adrian Farrel and J.P. Vasseur, IETF PCE WG Co-Chairs
> From: Jim Jones, OIF TC Chair
> Copy: Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner, IETF Routing Area Directors
> Subject: Proposal to establish a liaison to IETF PCE WG
>
> Dear Adrian and JP,
>
> The OIF is interested in initiating a cooperative liaison with the PCE
WG,

> WG in the spirit of fostering cooperation for achieving interoperability
> of intelligent optical networks.
>
> The mission of the Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) is to foster the
> development and deployment of interoperable products and services for
> data switching and routing using optical networking technologies.
>
> To date OIF has had issued Interoperability Agreements (IAs) in the
> areas of physical link layer interoperability and network control plane
> interoperability. OIF has also been successful with multiple
> interoperability demonstrations using OIF IAs and ITU-T
> Recommendations as the basis for the interoperability demonstrations.
>
> We would like to propose that Richard Bradford of Cisco act as liaison
> between the two organizations.
>
> Best regards,
> Jim Jones
> OIF Technical Committee Chair

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce