Subject: [Pce] Resolution of comments raised on the list on the BRPC procedure

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:21:43 -0400

Dear WG,

We just wanted to make a quick summary of where we stand with the  
BRPC procedure ID.

Since Dallas, we received a number of comments that have been  
addressed in the latest revision of the BRPC ID (rev -01). Special  
thanks again to Adrian for the detailed review. Since then, we have  
received new comments for which we managed to quickly find a  
resolution. They will be addressed in the next revision posted next  
week (rev -02). Main changes are summarized below.

* Abstract

    The ability to compute constrained shortest Traffic Engineering (TE)
    Label Switched Paths (LSPs) in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
    and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks across multiple domains (where
    a domain is referred to as a collection of network elements within a
    common sphere of address management or path computational
    responsibility such as IGP areas and Autonomous Systems) has been
    identified as a key requirement .  This document specifies a
    procedure relying on the use of multiple Path Computation Elements
    (PCEs) in order to compute such inter-domain shortest constraint
    paths along a determined sequence of domains, using a backward
    recursive path computation technique while preserving  
confidentiality
    across domains, which is sometimes required when domains are
    managed by different Service Providers.

* Step i:

    - For i=n-1 to 2:

    PCE(i) concatenates the topology of domain (i) (using its TED)
    with the received VSPT(i+1). In the case of Inter-AS TE LSP
    computation, this requires to also add the inter-AS TE links
    connecting the domain (i) to the domain (i+1).
    Then PCE(i) computes VSPT(i) (P2MP tree made of the shortest
    constrained paths between each BN-en(j,i) and the TE LSP  
destination).

We also agreed to cover the following items in a further revision:

* Support of Bi-directional LSP support
* Manageability section
* More on path diversity and ECMPs

Thanks.

JP, Nabil, Raymond and Jean-Louis.

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce