Subject: [Pce] Progress in the PCE Working Group

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 04:54:33 +0100

Dear Jim,

We are aware that the OIF has been following the development of PCE related 
activities in the IETF. The PCE working group of the IETF would like to keep 
your members informed of the progress of the working group.

We have three RFCs that have recently been published:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4655.txt is the general architecture for PCE in 
MPLS-TE and GMPLS networks.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4657.txt describes generic requirements for a 
communication protocols operating between PCCs and PCEs, and between 
cooperating PCEs. Additional specific requirements for particular deployment 
scenarios (such as inter-area, inter-AS,  multi-layer, etc.) are covered in 
separate Internet-Drafts.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4674.txt sets out the requirements for discovery 
of PCEs and their capabilities.

In addition, the working group is very active in specifying 
application-specific uses of PCE, a policy-related framework, and protocols, 
protocol extensions, monitroing, and management in support of PCE.

We would welcome input from all OIF participants. Ideas, opinions,  and 
contributions should be sent to the PCE email list. Details of  how to join 
the mailing list can be found at the PCE charter page 
(http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pce-charter.html) which also provides 
pointers to all of the current PCE Internet-Drafts.

Regards,
Adrian Farrel and JP Vasseur
PCE Working Group chairs 

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce