Subject: [Pce] draft-bradford-ccamp-path-key-ero-00 and draft-bradford-pce-path-key-01

From: "Rich Bradford \(rbradfor\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:04:30 -0400

Dear WGs,

I've posted two new, interrelated IDs proposing a simple extension to
the ERO to allow path segments in separate ASs to remain confidential.
There are indeed various circumstances that require "encoding" a path
segment in some form. I've included the abstracts below. The IDs have
been split into a CCAMP ID specifying just the ERO extensions and the
PCE ID which details the protocol extensions to use Path Keys. The PCE
ID also incorporates feedback from the list including a preliminary look
at security considerations.

Comments are very welcome.

Thanks,

Rich

Abstracts and links follow:

   Abstract to draft-bradford-ccamp-path-key-ero-00.txt
 
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE)
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs) may be computed by Path Computation
   Elements (PCEs). Where the TE LSP crosses multiple domains, such
   as Autonomous Systems (ASs), the path may be computed by multiple
   PCEs that cooperate, with each responsible for computing a segment
   of the path. To preserve confidentiality of topology with each AS,
   the PCE supports a mechanism to hide the contents of a segment of
   a path, called the Confidential Path Segment (CPS), by encoding
   the contents as a Path Key Sub-object (PKS). This draft describes
   the addition of this object to the Explicit Route Object.

This draft can be found under the missing drafts link at:

http://www.olddog.co.uk/ccamp.htm

Tail of Abstract from draft-bradford-pce-path-key-01.

   This document defines a mechanism to hide the contents of a

   segment of a path, called the Confidential Path Segment (CPS). The

   CPS may be replaced by a path-key that can be conveyed in the PCE

   Communication Protocol (PCEP) and signaled within in a Resource

   Reservation Protocol (RSVP) explicit route object.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bradford-pce-path-key-01.txt

 

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce