Subject: RE: [PCE] About ASBR locate

From: "Vijayanand C - TLS, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:33:03 +0530

Mach,
A question regarding your I-D.

The mechanism you described only finds out the connectivity of the ASBRs. It
does not discover the TE characteristics of the inter-AS links, for ex. the
link bandwidth, colour etc. which may be needed to decide if an inter-AS
link can be used for TE paths. 

Regards,

Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: Mach Chen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 7:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [PCE] About ASBR locate

Hi folks,

We have posted a new I-D which is about how to get the ASBR info which are
used to compute TE LSP in an Inter-AS scenario.

Any feed-back and comments would be most welcome!

Best regards,

Mach

  _____  

**         To: i-d-announce at ietf.org <mailto:[email-masked]>

**         Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00.txt 

**         From: Internet-Drafts at ietf.org
<mailto:[email-masked]>  

**         Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400 

**         Cc: 

**         List-archive: <http://www1.ietf.org/pipermail/i-d-announce
<http://www1.ietf.org/pipermail/i-d-announce> > 

**         List-help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help> > 

**         List-id: i-d-announce.ietf.org 

**         List-post: <mailto:[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> > 

**         List-subscribe:
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce> >,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe> > 

**         List-unsubscribe:
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce> >,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe> > 

**         Reply-to: internet-drafts at ietf.org
<mailto:[email-masked]>  

  _____  

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

  Title                : Locate ASBR in PCE 
  Author(s)          : R. Zhang, M. Chen
  Filename : draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00.txt
  Pages              : 8
  Date                : 2006-10-12
  
   The ability to compute constrained shortest Traffic Engineering (TE) 
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs) in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) 
   and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks across multiple domains has 
   been identified as a key requirement. This document specifies a 
   procedure for an inter-AS PCE to locate boundary node within its 
   domain dynamically, which is used for path computation. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00.txt> 
 
To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce>  
to change your subscription settings.
 
Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00.txt".
 
A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html <http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html>  
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt> 
 
Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
 
Send a message to:
  mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
  "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00.txt".
  
NOTE:      The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
  MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
  feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
  command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
  a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
  exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
  "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
  up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
  how to manipulate these messages.
 
Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

 <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00.txt>
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00.txt> 

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce> 
DISCLAIMER 
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the 

named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its 

affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and 

may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, 

dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this 

message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly 

prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender 

immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses and 

defect.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: ZhangRenhai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:02:00 +0800

HI, Vijay

As you said,  the prime thought for this draft is to find out the
connectivity of the ASBRs, this information can be used for inter-AS TE, for
example, if an ERO contained an AS number as its next hop, how to discover
the tail end of the route segment in local AS for the inter-as TE lsp
computation.

I can fold your thought in future version

Zhang Renhai

Mach,

Regards,

Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: Mach Chen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 7:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [PCE] About ASBR locate

Hi folks,

Best regards,

Mach

  _____  

**         To: i-d-announce at <mailto:[email-masked]>  ietf.org

**         Cc: 

**         List-archive: <http://www1.ietf.org/pipermail/i-d-announce> 

**         List-help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help> 

**         List-post: <mailto:[email-masked]> 

**         List-subscribe:
<https://www1ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce> >,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe> 

**         List-unsubscribe:
<https://www1ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce> >,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe> 

  _____  

  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00.txt> 
 
You can also visit https://www1ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Send a message to:
  mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:

 <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00txt>
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-pce-locate-asbr-00.txt> 

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce> 

DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and
intended for the named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability
on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented
in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect
the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or
publication of this message without the prior written consent of the author
of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any
mail and attachments please check them for viruses and defect.