Subject: [Pce] PCEP Object Common header P flag

From: "fabien.verhaeghe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:53:05 +0200

Hello All,

Quick question about PCEP section 7.1 Common object header:

   "If the PCE does not understand an object with the P flag set or
   understands the object but decides to ignore the object, the entire
   PCEP message MUST be rejected and the PCE MUST send a PCErr message
   with Error-Type="Unknown Object" or "Not supported Object"."

Why rejecting the entire PCReq message? Why not just rejecting the request that contains the 
unknown/not supported object and send a PCErr with the rejected Request Id?

Regards
Fabien
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:32:11 -0400

Hi,

> unknown/not supported object and send a PCErr with the rejected  

You mean in case the message would contain more than one requests ?

Thanks.

JP.