Subject: [Pce] Comments on Idle and TCPPending states

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:41:01 +0200

In the description of the Idle state you can find:

"Upon receiving a TCP connection on the well-known PCEP TCP port, 
if the TCP connection establishment succeeds..."

Perhaps this is trivial, but I think that it should be mentioned, 
that if the connection establishment fails, the system remains in the 
Idle state.

In the description of the TCPPending state you can find:

"If TCPRetry < TCPMaxRetry the system:

   o  Starts the TCPConnect timer,

   o  Initiates of a TCP connection with the PCEP peer,

   o  Increments the TCPRetry variable,

   o  Stays in the TPCPending state.
"

If I use an exponentially increased timer, 
mentioned in description of Idle state, 
than I understand it so:

For example I send SYN-packets in such intervals:

0 sec, 6, 24, 40, 55

Does it make sense to start the TCPConnect timer after 
each sending of TCP-SYN-packet?

I understand the role of TCPConnect timer that it should 
detect that after sending of 5th SYN-packet it was no answer 
and should be canceled. 

Compare connect-function of BSD-sockets:
There are will be only 3 SYN-packets sended: 
0, 6, 24 seconds

and after 75 seconds the function connect returns 
(=TCPConnect timer expires)

-- 
GMX FreeMail: 1 GB Postfach, 5 E-Mail-Adressen, 10 Free SMS.
Alle Infos und kostenlose Anmeldung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freemail

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce