Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Pce] draft-kkoushik-pce-pcep-mib-00.txt (PCE-PCEP-DRAFT-MIB)]

From: santanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:17:12 +0530

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Pce] draft-kkoushik-pce-pcep-mib-00.txt (PCE-PCEP-DRAFT-MIB)
Date: 	Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:06:31 +0530
From: 	santanu <[email-masked]>
To: 	A S Kiran Koushik <[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]
References: 	<[email-masked]> 
<[email-masked]>

Dear Kiran and Emile,

I have some more questions below:-

Section 8.1 of draft-ietf-pce-pcep-07.txt says: 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-07.txt>

A PCEP implementation SHOULD allow configuring the following PCEP
   session parameters on a PCEP peer:

   o  The local keepalive and Deadtimer (i.e. parameters send by the
      PCEP speaker in an Open message),

   o  The maximum acceptable remote keepalive and dead timers
      (i.e.parameters sent by a peer in an Open message),

    o Negotiation enabled or disabled,

   o  If negotiation is allowed, the minimum acceptable Keepalive and
      Deadtimer timers sent by a PCEP peer,

   o  The SyncTimer,

   o  The maximum number of sessions that can be setup

   o  Request timer: amount of time a PCC waits for a reply before
      resending its path computation requests (potentially to an
      alternate PCE).

But, these parameters are not configurable in any of the tables 
mentioned in draft-kkoushik-pce-pcep-mib-00.txt

Section 8.1 also says:

A PCEP implementation SHOULD allow configuring
   a specific PCEP session with a given PCEP peer.  This includes the
   configuration of the following parameters:

   o  The IP address of the PCEP peer,

   o  The PCEP speaker role: PCC, PCE or both,

   o  Whether the PCEP speaker should initiate the PCEP session or wait
      for initiation by the peer,

   o  The PCEP session parameters, as listed above, if they differ from
      the default parameters,

   o  A set of PCEP policies including the type of operations allowed
      for the PCEP peer (e.g. diverse path computation, synchronization,
      etc.)

   A PCEP implementation MUST allow restricting the set of PCEP peers
   that can initiate a PCEP session with the PCEP speaker (e.g. list of
   authorized PCEP peers, all PCEP peers in the area, all PCEP peers in
   the AS).

Do you have any plan to add these parameters in any new/existing table(s) ?

Thanks,
Santanu Mazumder

A S Kiran Koushik wrote:

> Hi pce-team,
> We are working on updating the PCE-PCEP-DRAFT-MIB
> (PCE communication protocol MIB) with some editorial changes.
> http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-kkoushik-pce-pcep-mib-00.txt
>
> Can some of you kindly review the existing draft and let us know of any
> comments/suggestions. That way we can fix them by the deadline.
>
> Also we are planning to request this to be a working group document.
> If there are any objections to this, please let us know and we will 
> work on fixing them.
>
> Thanks,
> Kiran and Emile.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Pce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce
>

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce