Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-of-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Encoding of Objective Functions in Path Computation Element communication Protocol (PCEP)
	Author(s)	: J. Le Roux
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-of-03.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2008-7-17
	
The computation of one or a set of Traffic Engineering Label Switched 
  Paths (TE LSPs) in MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS) and 
  Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks, is subject to a set of one or more 
  specific optimization criteria, referred to as an objective function 
  (e.g. minimum cost path, widest path, etc.).  
  A Path Computation Client (PCC) may want a path to be computed for 
  one or more TE LSPs according to a specific objective  function. Thus, 
  the PCC needs to instruct the PCE to use the correct objective 
  function. Furthermore, it is possible that not all PCEs support the 
  same set of objective functions, therefore it is useful for the PCC 
  to be able to automatically discover the set of objective functions 
  supported by each PCE.  
  This document defines extensions to the PCE communication Protocol 
  (PCEP) to allow a PCE to indicate the set of objective functions it 
  supports. Extensions are also defined so that a PCC can indicate in 
  a path computation request the required objective function, and so 
  that a PCE can report in a path computation reply the objective 
  function that was used for path computation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-of-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce