Subject: [Pce] WSON RWA and Analysis drafts

From: Young Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 10:48:54 -0500

Hi all, 
 
Please find a revision (02) of PCEP Requirements and Extensions for WSON RWA
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-0
2.txt). This version has accommodated all the comments from the last meeting
at Philadelphia. 
 
Please also find a new draft that analyses PCE Routing Architecture Options
discussed in the draft-lee-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-02.txt and WSON
FRAME. This new draft is entitled "Performance Evaluation of PCE
Architectures for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks"
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-pce-wson-evaluation-00.
txt). Attached is the PDF version of this draft that includes graphical
figures that describe some simulation results which are not available for
txt version. 
 
We'd appreciate your review and comments. See you all in Dublin shortly.
Thanks. 
 
Greg and Young 
 
--------------snipped----------------------------------------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

        Title          : PCEP Requirements and Extensions for WSON Routing
and Wavelength Assignment
        Author(s)      : Y. Lee, G. Bernstein
        Filename       : draft-lee-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-02.txt
        Pages          : 16
        Date           : 2008-6-30
        
This memo provides application-specific requirements and protocol 
   enhancements for the Path Computation Element communication Protocol 
   (PCEP) for the support of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks 
   (WSON).  Lightpath provisioning in WSONs requires a routing and 
   wavelength assignment (RWA) process.  From a path computation 
   perspective, wavelength assignment is the process of determining 
   which wavelength can be used on each hop of a path and forms an 
   additional routing constraint to optical light path computation. 
   Different computational architectures for the RWA process are given 
   and the PCEP extensions needed to support these architectures are 
   defined.
 
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-02
.txt
 
Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
 <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
 
Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-02
.txt>
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-02
.txt> 

______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---------------------snipped------------------------------------------------
------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 
        Title           : Performance Evaluation of PCE Architectures for
Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
        Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
        Filename        : draft-bernstein-pce-wson-evaluation-00.txt
        Pages           : 11
        Date            : 2008-06-30
 
In this note a number of PCE architectural and computational options 
are evaluated against a medium sized wavelength switched optical 
network. The key performance measures of overall and backward 
blocking are reported under different dynamic traffic scenarios. The 
corresponding reduction in connection blocking probabilities and 
computational advantages enabled by these architectural alternatives 
strongly warrant their inclusion in continuing PCE WSON work.
 
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-pce-wson-evaluation-00.t
xt
 
Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
 <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
 
Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-pce-wson-evaluation-00.t
xt>
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-pce-wson-evaluation-00.t
xt> 

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce