Subject: [Pce] BANDWIDTH Object

From: "S.SenthilKumar (Huawei)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:46:16 +0530

Dear All
 
The following text is taken from draft-ietf-pce-pcep-16.txt
 
>>   In the case of the reoptimization of a TE LSP, the bandwidth of the
existing TE LSP MUST also be included in addition to the requested bandwidth
if and only if the two values differ.
 
I'm want to understand the negative meaning and PCE behavior in the
following case.
 
PCC is sending a PCReq message for reoptimization of a TE LSP and there is
no bandwidth case. But PCC is sending PCReq with Existing and Requested
bandwidth (containing same value in this case). Is this an error (PCE should
drop the Request and send a PCERR or PCE can just ignore as the values are
same.
 
Please clarify.
 
Best regards
S.SenthilKumar

7.7.  BANDWIDTH Object
 
   The BANDWIDTH object is used to specify the requested bandwidth for a
   TE LSP.  The notion of bandwidth is similar to the one used for RSVP
   signaling in [RFC2205], [RFC3209] and [RFC3473].
 
   If the requested bandwidth is equal to 0, the BANDWIDTH object is
   optional.  Conversely, if the requested bandwidth is non equal to 0,
   the PCReq message MUST contain a BANDWIDTH object.
 
   In the case of the reoptimization of a TE LSP, the bandwidth of the
   existing TE LSP MUST also be included in addition to the requested
   bandwidth if and only if the two values differ.  Consequently, two
   Object-Type values are defined that refer to the requested bandwidth
   and the bandwidth of the TE LSP for which a reoptimization is being
   performed.

Thanking you,

Best regards,

S.SenthilKumar,

Technical Project Lead, IPng,

 Technologies India Pvt Ltd,

Level 3, Leela Galleria,

The Leela Palace,

23, Airport Road, Bangalore - 560 008.

Ph: +91-80-41781770 Ext: 1555

Mobile: +9198408-60866/+91 990-1982-365

EMail-ID: [email-masked]

Performance, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles,
dicouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things
distinguishes the strong soul from the weak."

Disclaimer: This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information
from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address
is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce