Subject: [Pce] Impairment aware RWA

From: Young Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 11:06:52 -0600

Hi PCEers, for those interested in WSON and the recent work on optical
impairments we have updated our impairment framework draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-impairments-0
2.txt

In this update we have described further the requirement that may occur in
some situations to keep a vendors impairment information private and given
architectural options leveraging PCE to realize this goal. This allows us to
accommodate ITU-T G.680 "situation 1" in a flexible and effective manner.
The requirements section has been reorganized as well as the architectural
alternatives.  Figures have been furnished for architecture alternatives and
example PCE configuration. Note that this document focuses on impairment
aware path computation (IA-RWA) and does not address optical measurement in
any way.

Although this work has been primarily addressed in CCAMP WG, we have
explored several architecture options including PCE to realize the goal.
Your comments are appreciated. 

Young L. & Greg B.