Subject: Re: [Pce] Quick poll on draft-ietf-pce-of

From: Young Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 13:48:54 -0500

Hi,

The current definition of OF 2 (normalized load) is good enough. 

Young (co-author)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 2:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Pce Digest, Vol 55, Issue 9

Send Pce mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Pce digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. RFC 5440 on Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication
      Protocol (PCEP) ([email-masked])
   2. I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-path-key-06.txt
      ([email-masked])
   3. Quick poll on draft-ietf-pce-of (Adrian Farrel)
   4. Re: Quick poll on draft-ietf-pce-of (JP Vasseur)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri,  6 Mar 2009 15:45:35 -0800 (PST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pce] RFC 5440 on Path Computation Element (PCE)
	Communication	Protocol (PCEP)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5440

        Title:      Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication 
                    Protocol (PCEP) 
        Author:     JP. Vasseur, Ed.,
                    JL. Le Roux, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      87
        Characters: 190529
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pcep-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5440.txt

This document specifies the Path Computation Element (PCE)
Communication Protocol (PCEP) for communications between a Path
Computation Client (PCC) and a PCE, or between two PCEs.  Such
interactions include path computation requests and path computation
replies as well as notifications of specific states related to the
use of a PCE in the context of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering.  PCEP is designed
to be flexible and extensible so as to easily allow for the addition
of further messages and objects, should further requirements be
expressed in the future.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sat,  7 Mar 2009 02:00:01 -0800 (PST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pce] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-path-key-06.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 16:04:59 -0000
From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Pce] Quick poll on draft-ietf-pce-of
To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <853F528147A149FD81E8921D3DD229A7@your029b8cecfe>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
	reply-type=response

Hi,

During IESG review of draft-ietf-pce-of, the question was raised as to 
whether OF 2 (Minimum Load Path) was using the normalised load (i.e., the 
percentage of link bandwidth still available) rather than the absolute load 
(i.e., the actual amount of bandwidth available). I do not recall this 
question being raised on the list, so please respond by saying
 whether you are content with the current definition of OF 2 (normalised 
load),  would like to change it to absolute load, or would like to introduce

a  further OF for absolute load.

Thanks,
Adrian 

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 18:42:24 +0100
From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Pce] Quick poll on draft-ietf-pce-of
To: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed; delsp=yes

Hi Adrian,

With a co-author "hat", although this has not been raised on the list,  
it was implicit that we were talking about the normalized load. In my  
opinion, the absolute load would not really be very useful.

Thanks.

JP.

On Mar 7, 2009, at 5:04 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> During IESG review of draft-ietf-pce-of, the question was raised as  
> to whether OF 2 (Minimum Load Path) was using the normalised load  
> (i.e., the percentage of link bandwidth still available) rather than  
> the absolute load (i.e., the actual amount of bandwidth available).  
> I do not recall this question being raised on the list, so please  
> respond by saying
> whether you are content with the current definition of OF 2  
> (normalised load),  would like to change it to absolute load, or  
> would like to introduce a  further OF for absolute load.
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian
>
> _______________________________________________
> Pce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

End of Pce Digest, Vol 55, Issue 9
**********************************