Subject: [Pce] PCEP requirement to support RWA in WSON

From: Young Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:51:55 -0600

Hi,

We have published a revision (v.4) entitled, "PCEP Requirement for WSON
Routing and Wavelength Assignment"

Two major changes from v.3 are:

-          We separated requirements from solutions

-          We combined requirements for non-impairment RWA with
Impairment-aware RWA. 

We'd appreciate your comments and discussion in the mailing list. Thanks. 

Young 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

        Title          : PCEP Requirements for WSON Routing and Wavelength
Assignment
        Author(s)      : T. Takeda, T. Otani, Y. Lee, G. Bernstein
        Filename       : draft-lee-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-04.txt
        Pages          : 16
        Date           : 2009-3-2
        
This memo provides application-specific requirements for the Path 
   Computation Element communication Protocol (PCEP) for the support of 
   Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON). Lightpath provisioning 
   in WSONs requires a routing and wavelength assignment (RWA) process.  
   From a path computation perspective, wavelength assignment is the 
   process of determining which wavelength can be used on each hop of a 
   path and forms an additional routing constraint to optical light path 
   computation. Additionally, optical impairments may add further 
   constraints on the paths available for use.
 
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-04
.txt
 
Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
 <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/