Subject: [Pce] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-10.txt]

From: Tomonori TAKEDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:48:43 +0900

Hi,

A new version is posted addressing comments from Franz during the WG
last call.

Tomonori

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-10.txt
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for PCE-Based Inter-Layer MPLS and GMPLS Traffic
Engineering
	Author(s)	: E. Oki, T. Takeda, J. Le Roux, A. Farrel
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-10.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2009-3-26
	
A network may comprise multiple layers. It is important to globally
   optimize network resource utilization, taking into account all
   layers, rather than optimizing resource utilization at each layer
   independently. This allows better network efficiency to be achieved
   through a process that we call inter-layer traffic engineering. The
   Path Computation Element (PCE) can be a powerful tool to achieve
   inter-layer traffic engineering.

   This document describes a framework for applying the PCE-based
   architecture to inter-layer Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
   Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) traffic engineering. It provides
   suggestions for the deployment of PCE in support of multi-layer
   networks. This document also describes network models where PCE
performs inter-layer traffic engineering, and the relationship
   between PCE and a functional component called the Virtual Network
   Topology Manager (VNTM).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.